Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cannot take any credit for this. Got the idea over at K20A.org in this thread: http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=25782&highlight=napa
The part number from Napa Auto Parts is #7940 and my local store had one in stock for about $13. Here, you can see how it much extra room it gives you. Please keep in mind that my manifold is the PRB. You RBC guys will have the Injen elbow more to the right, but it still will give you the needed room. Thanks to AMF Racing for this idea and hope this helps some of our guys out.

Close-up of the space between Injen rubber elbow and radiator hose...

·
Mountain Run?
1,535 Posts
Very nice... thanx for the useful info!!!

·
Anything fast and brutal
662 Posts
Yep, I posted that up last year when I found the coolant hose while scrounging around my local NAPA.

It is a awesome find that allows no contact with the CAI.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You lose maybe a pint of coolant. Just put a big plastic tub under the car...
1). Remove radiator upper islolators and tilt radiator toward you, to get a clear shot at the hose clamp.
2). Lock clamp open and move up hose, past brass radiator neck.
3.) Slit stock hose open with a utility knife and work off neck. Coolant will go everywhere.
4). Wait for most of it to drain out, then do the same to the block hose neck.
5). Remove old hose, transfer clamps to new one.
6). Re-intsall new hose.
7). Top off radiator with coolant mix
8). Start motor and let it run with radiator cap off until the thermostat opens. Add more coolant if needed. It may be helpful to wrap a cloth rag around the radiator filler neck, as some coolant may burp out when the thermostat opens. At this point, it is fine to replace the radiator cap.
9). 15-minute mark: You're done.

Two points: Glycol is VERY POISONOUS. Discard the old coolant by flushing down the toilet. Dogs and cats will drink this and die, if they can find it. Also, I pressure-washed my motor bay aftert this step, in order to rinse away any coolant residue. Good luck.

·
cracker jack box driver
2,997 Posts
good find my tuner told me about this because i was complaining after i bought samco sport hoses hoping to gain some room w my rbc/injen combo but the hose still rests on the rubber. o well i spent the money on em im not gonna change them out again. also a good additive that someone suggested is royal purple purple ice. i paid 14 bucks. this is good for people changing out the hose to top off there coolant with.

nice find

·
Registered
580 Posts
Yea, i got this problem too stock radiator hose is touching my intake tube and is heating it. Do u guys think maybe if i add a heatshield type and wrap it or should i get this gates radiator hose and get better results? It dosent look like it has enough room too fit because my stock battery is almost already touching the stock radiator hose by like 1.5 inch gap. Well if anyone already has this gates radiator hose installed can u post up the pics with stock battery. thanks!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts