Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright guys, I need some help with this and maybe someone has had something similar happen...

My throwout bearing has been going out for about two or three years now. It finally decided it was checking out and then i got lazy too. After researching popping a new clutch in the 2005 RSX Type S (that I baby) I decided I would take it somewhere. I do most jobs myself but with this trans being bound by subframe and everything else I decided I'll trust it to a professional. I vetted places before choosing one. Skipping many details and multiple fuck-ups by the shop I now have an engine oil leak. I am furious and took issue with the owner who said if it was oil pan they would charge me 50% off to change it. If it's rear main they will replace it for free because they might have done it. I suggested that it may be the oil pan gasket because you have to wriggle and pry to get the trans of the drive splines sometimes and they may have damages my oil pan gasket.

I had no leaks prior to this clutch job. They swindled a new flywheel out of me and I now have a rear main leak they said. So they kept the car a few more days to fix rear main. I had the car back about 4 hours and I now have oil drops on my garage floor again.

While leaving the shop the first time an engine mounting bolt fell out also. I was going to skip this info for brevity but, damn, it's a pretty integral part of the story to explain the inadequacies I'm dealing with here. They also stated both my sway bar links were missing. They are not but the passenger side is not connected at the bottom. They said these have a tendency to rust and fall off as if I knew nothing of materials cars are made from. Trying to charge me 177 for two new ones when I have both on my car. Sorry about how random this all is but I get super pissed when thinking about it all. It's a real kick in the dick after calling around to several places and this one stood out. A roll of the dice whenever you go to a shop.

Anyone have ideas what's up here? Did they just not repair the rear main? Im open to ideas.

Sorry for duplicate post. I put this is threads at first.

·
bleep-bleep bleeeep
1,631 Posts
I have no expertise re: the mechanicals of the situation. But if you're going to contest it; look into your credit card's terms and policies (if you paid that way) sooner than later. Same for the shop's guarantee or warranty. There's usually a time limit for claims. Don't let that expire. Good luck with it. And sorry you are in this jam.

·
bleep-bleep bleeeep
1,631 Posts
If they are just plain unwilling to budge; you could contact the consumer advocate of your local TV station. If they think it's a good story; they'll go to bat for you. They basically just shame the business into fixing or refunding for the issue. Often times they will settle to avoid bad publicity. But that's kinda' the final desperate act. It's all I can think of, tho. That... or bad reviews on their websites, BBB, etc. Good luck.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Haha, yeah I appreciate the ideas. I'm thinking if they don't fix this issue by the third time it sits in their shop I'm going to hit up BBB, local paper, jolopnik.com, forums, local SCCA, local honda enthusiasts and their franchise HQ people. Probably franchise first and threaten all this.

I've got a lot of evidence for a small claims trial too. The only hinge I have there is that I'll need to prove it wasn't leaking prior to being in their shop. I don't know how strong various friends, family and a few others signing letter would be though.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Update;

I would love to post a picture of the rear main they installed the first time but can't figure out how. It looks like they tapped it in with a claw hammer. Foolish, so no doubt it leaks. I can't figure out how they screwed it up in the first place. Anyway, they finally ordered a rear main seal from Honda and installed it properly. I got the car back yesterday and so far, so good. I am watching my garage floor like a hawk though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.