Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Just got mine on actually, no pics yet sorry its coooolllddd.

Front and rear fitment is perfect, sides are lacking and had a few little cracks maybe just cause the fiberglass. Phase Nine was pretty good. Only complaint was that it took a little longer to get here than expected, but Casey at PhaseNine said that it was cause they had to drop ship to me from the manufacturer so you may not have the same problem.

Ill see if i can get pics later this afternoon.

·
Reach Higher
1,117 Posts
joejoe3 said:
Hey guys
has anyone purchase their cwest lip kit from Phase Nine Industries?

Their prices are cheaper than streetstyler~

is u bought from them b4, how's the fitment?

thx!
joejoe3- THANK YOU!!! I was right about to make a thread about this. I was thinking about buying the C-West front lip from Phase Nine also.

azulRSX- Did the C-West front lip come with all the hardware as promised? And are there pre-drilled holes on the lip? Thanks in advance for the info.:thumbsup:

Also, anyone else buy the C-West lip from Phase Nine?

·
Supercharged Crew #37
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Re: NE1 bought cwest lip kit from phase nine industires?

TopShiz said:
I was thinking about buying the C-West front lip from Phase Nine also.
Hey TopShiz.
You can get the best deal by clicking on the rear lips first, add to basket, then add the combo package.

For some reason they give out different prices on combos depending on what u select first (*front lip, side skirt, etc)

I found the selecting the rear fins first and then add the combo would be the cheapest. I email Phase Nine abt this issue, and they are not sure why it does that, but they ask me to choose the cheapest package and will give it to me at that price...

Quick response, really nice ppl.
I just wanna see some pics from azulRSX and also what he meant by 'lacking' on his sideskirt b4 i place the order. I hope his 'lacking' term dosen't mean too short.:nervous:

·
Registered
479 Posts
Well, the sides are not to short, theyre pretty good in that area. But the part that comes up over the rear fender just behind the door doesnt really match up. Its angle is too far out compared to the body. I tried to use foam tape but its too much for it to hold. Im trying to find a bonding material that wont hurt the paint:dontknow:

The front lip came with no hardware and there were no predrilled holes in anything, except for the 2 rear pieces, the backmost holes are pre-tapped.

Front and rear fitment is very good, and yea joejoe thats exactly what i did, got the rear pieces and did the package deal.

Ill go get the pics and have them up by this evening.

·
Supercharged Crew #37
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
azulRSX said:
But the part that comes up over the rear fender just behind the door doesnt really match up. Its angle is too far out compared to the body.
So how'd u end up installing it? Take some pics of that area while you are at it... hopefully it's not too bad, or else I will just have to buy the skirts elsewhere.

The front lip came with no hardware and there were no predrilled holes in anything, except for the 2 rear pieces, the backmost holes are pre-tapped.
If there was hardware... would it basically be tape and screws? Or mounting brackets or some sort? I never had a kit b4 so I am really new to this :confused:

Thx aznlRSX for helping us!

·
Supercharged Crew #37
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Holy Sh*t!

Yea that's pretty bad man, i think I will get the skirt elsewhere if all their side skirt inventory is like that.

If u are planning to have the skirts on for as long as u own the car, why don't u use glue.... the material they use for the skirt is really flexible~

·
Registered
479 Posts
Yea, and i think part of the problem is that those originally had cracks there at that right angle, and my body shop fixed them using fiber glass filler and then sanded and smoothed it, so the angle may have gotten off during that process. The front and rears are perfect tho, and its a great deal for the money.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
479 Posts
Thankya Much, No havent fixed them yet, hes figuring out the best way to do it, with no damage to the original body paint, so i can remove the bodykit (its my cousin's body body shop). and putting it on is not hard at all, dont let a bodyshop do it and charge you out the wazzuu.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts