Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I always stood by skunk 2 products but idk what just happened today. The cap/head part of the drain plug broke off now the thread part inside the transmission but it doesn't leak. i need a mechanic or somebody With the right tools to help me out with this . I will drive to you. Just don't want to be dealing with the headache of it leaking transmission fluid in the future. Any help is greatly appreciated thanks in advance

Attachments

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Go to a welder and put it back together and tack it up

·
Registered
650 Posts
dang that sucks, I just bought a set and havent even gone through an oil change yet. Did you torque these? Just use some vise grips, make sure its tight like where you use all your strength to close the vise then turn them.

·
Sidemarker Mechanic
47,417 Posts
If you looked at it closely, theres still some "stud" of the screw outside of the transmission. I basically took a vise grip, and spun it out. It wasn't stripped inside, so it came right off.

Luckily this was aftermarket drain plug.. If this was OEM, if the head of the screw broke off.. You probably crack the transmission case or mess up the threads first before the screw breaks apart..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts