Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I registered with this board a LONG time ago, and never posted, but I've owned my RSX since 2004 (It's a 2002 RSX Automatic/Regular, NOT 'S' Type). I bought it pre-owned w/46K. The factory color is Nighthawk Black Pearl. I have a lot of scratches all over the exterior now (don't ask), some deep, some not so deep due to something that happened last winter.

I would like to get it repainted, a decent paint job with the same Nighthawk Black Pearl color. Though my car is getting old, I now have 95K mi and don't plan on selling it anytime soon. I love my car. Can you guys point me in the right direction to get a decent paint job that would last 5 years. I'm a teacher, so money isn't in excess, though I'm not super tight budget wise.

I live in Queens NY. I was wondering if any of you could recommend a shop and price. I can post pics of the exterior and scratches if need be. I'm semi-new in a sense here and know that every forum has rules and stuff, so I hope I didn't break any by posting this question (i.e. I'm sure it has been asked before).

Thank you all for your kindness.

Everton Media

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Another question I have is, what is the difference between Color Correction and Full Paint Job? I have some areas (small areas) that are rusting (top of the hood). I would assume that a paint job would be in order, and not color correction. I don't know much about this stuff, which is why I am inquiring here.

·
ASSHOLE CREW
5,839 Posts
check regionals or yellow pages

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
a full paint job is probably gonna run a couple grand..i know i was gonna be charged 300 just for the fronty bumper and that was the cheapest i found which was at a maaco in staten island, but ive heard that maaco uses a different kind of paint so even though its nbp the qualities/characteristics of the paint are different then the original paint..someone else may be able to elaborate on how the paint differs

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
I know a spot in bushwick, queens that paints really well for good prices. They'll probably charge $3,000 for the whole car. I'm pretty sure that's the cheapest you can pay for a good job. And yea anyone can tell you it's not going to be exactly like factory but he does it damn near close. My friend painted his bumpers over there, they took his gas lid cover to try to match the paint as much as possible.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts