Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Base Crew
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so a few months ago i came across a ssm base model, 5spd rsx, cloth interior. talked the honda dealership down to 14,800..16,109 tax title tag. it has 35k miles on it in great condition.

yesterday i came across a 2005 black rsx type-s. Drives great, no bad history, no body work, stock, never in accident. It has a shitty tint and missing the acura a emblem but that is fixable. the thing is it has 70,000 miles on it.

here is the link:

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=u&car_id=249331873&dealer_id=100021214&car_year=2005&model=RSX&num_records=25&systime=&make2=&start_year=1981&keywordsfyc=&keywordsfyc=&keywordsrep=&keywordsrep=&engine=&certified=&body_code=0&fuel=&awsp=false&search_type=both&distance=25&marketZipError=false&search_lang=en&make=ACURA&keywords_display=&color=&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&min_price=&drive=&default_sort=&max_mileage=&style_flag=1&sort_type=priceDESC&address=32746&advanced=&end_year=2009&doors=&transmission=&max_price=&cardist=11

i really want a type-s and the other ones i looked at sold before i even got a chance to get down there. It has no warranty but my mod work would void that anyway. If i can get an even trade should i do it? According to kbb my base model is worth a little more anyway.

and it will be cheap. the k20 engine can last up to 300,000 k miles lightly modded i hear. advice please? thanks!

·
ᕦ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ᕤ
4,108 Posts
if you can afford the insurance/gas/mods, by all means, go for it. highly doubt you can get an even trade though, especially since dealers know how in-demand the type-s's go for

·
Base Crew
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
true but according to kbb i def should be able to and this type-s isnt in the "best" condition.

even with 1000 on top of even trade, ill be happy. insurance isnt that much more and gas shouldnt be to much of a diff.

but i mean, would you buy a 2005 with 70,000 miles on it missing the emblems because they "broke off". hard to decide.

·
Base Crew
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sry double post

but feedback right now would be great. 8 am im going there and im going to sleep soon

im anticipating it

·
Member Master
2,926 Posts
type s. if you take care of it, it will last you forever. no need to worry about miles

·
Registered
867 Posts
I wouldnt rush into it really, there are better deals to be found but thats just my oppinion.

·
Base Crew
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i live near orlando florida. i found a few good deals in all of U.S but the way gas is i cant pay much for shipping unless its worked into a low price =/

although i love pwp. i prefer a no modded or lightly modded car. and also want 2005-2006 year

·
Base Crew
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
see i waited, found a few good ones.. they sold. and this is the second base i have and im sick of it lol. want an s so i can start really modding.

everything on it checks out, tomorrow im going there to see it again and check it out more. im worried to wait because if i do find one, prob wont be the color i want or it will be way to expensive. the miles make this one cheap, its just i hope its only the miles that make it cheap.

·
Base Crew
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
lol fuck. i want it and it drives great, transmission is smoothe. carfax clean.

70,000 miles. what can that mean

·
Base Crew
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
true, 100,000 is alot...but thats all factory standards. the average is 12,000 a years so obviously thats alot, but theres no performance mods on it, no springs. just a shitty tint.

and the k20 engine is strong as hell, so it comes down to does the 70,000 in 3 years such a big deal on this particular car assuming everything else doesnt have much wear and tear. my friends 95 integra has 170,000 miles and it still runs beautifully.

·
Premium Member
44,375 Posts
see how you keep trying to rationalize this purchase? that should raise a huge red flag.

walk.

·
Base Crew
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
truue. not that im trying to rationalize it.

just trying to understand

buying a car at 70,000 miles in just 3 years is usually looked down upon...generally

i dont mind the miles because i know how strong the engine is, just i hope nothing else is wrong with it since they drove it so much

but i test drove it, looked at history all seems great. and there is a 30 day buy back guarentee so if something is wrong with it i would know before 30 days anyway.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts