Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i have a dent on the rear quarter panel near the trunk and was wondering if i can get some advice on how i should go about fixing this dent. the dent has cracked the paint and it looks like the paint will start chipping off if you use your nails. my question is, is this dent repairable without going to the shop? or is going to a shop my only choice? any input, advice or tips on how to fix this dent would be greatly appreciated. thanks

heres how big the dent is

a closer look

here is where the paint has cracked, but the paint hasnt chipped off yet

·
Registered
73 Posts
I had the same dent basically, wind blew a cart downhill and nailed it in the same location. I took it to the dealership and a body repair shop that is owned by a family friend, they both said that because of the location they would be able to take the dent out but it will not look the same. So I ended up keeping it at the body repair shop and had the panel re-done. They re-painted the entire panel so that it looked even throughout it and it came out to about 200-250.

I hope that helps

·
Registered
704 Posts
Agreed^^^

There's 2 pretty high crows on each side of the dent. Looks pretty deep as well. I think a PDR would be able to work SOME of it out, but def not back to perfect.

Body shop time

1 - 8 of 8 Posts