Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have tried every way I can think of to better my 60' but I just can't get any better than 2.5

once I go full throttle my tires will spin all the way up to the point where I have to shift to second (tires will spin all the way to 9k rpm). When I shift to 2nd gear the tires let loose again for a bit and then let loose again in 3rd.

If I feather it the car seems to bog somewhat and once I floor it the tires just let loose.

Tonight the best I could run was a 15.3 with a 93mph trap and I'm not sure if its my driving (still learning), my tires(stocks with 19k on them) or a problem with the toda kit. Could be a combination of all 3.

One thing I do know is I was running the same 1/4 mile times when all I had was my v2 but 1st gear did grab easier then as well with alot less tire spin but was'nt trapping as high.

Also I'm thinking I'm losing power in the lower rpms not having a race header like the toda kit calls for.

I know I need better tires and mm's

Any input would be much appreciated

Thank you

· Registered
33 Posts
if you dump, dont give it full throttle. i mostly dump around 4-5k rpm. this is what i do.
rev, dump clutch, leave your right foot at the exact position when you were revving. as you start feeling it grab floor it. or you can slip the clutch and i do that around the same rpm. i like dumping it better tho, to me i think it get's me off quicker. but that's just me. hope that helps

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.