Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi need some advice on replacing the speakers on my dc5, basically the sound in the car is very low some speakers are not working at all so am thinking about replacing all speakers new front door speakers and rear side panel speakers just wondering what size speakers I will need for the front and what size for the back and what other advice I might need when looking to replace them? Thanks

·
Been Around for a while
1,022 Posts
Do a little research on this topic, there is a lot of information on this forum.
6.5" all 4 speakers.

As per the experts 3/4" to 1" tweeters will work, depending. I measured the actual opening which is 1 3/4".

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I just found the information after I made the post, any idea of what depth the 6.5 inch speakers can be?I don't think there would be any issue as most 6.5 speakers are same depth but just want to make sure?thanks

·
Been Around for a while
1,022 Posts
don't remember the depth, you will need to remove or modify the existing or create a new spacer for the front

Rears you have plenty of depth

·
Registered
23 Posts
rears depending on the shape of it you may have to modify the plastic opening in for the fronts depending on the depth of the basket you may need a spacer metra makes one i used recently if you want ill add the part number once i check the bag.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts