Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i tried turning on the radio but instead its asking me for a code so I tried pressing all the buttons and its just keeps asking me for a code until it says errE or something like that..:dontknow:

so what should i do?
can anyone help me on this..

thanks

·
take off eh
52,723 Posts
if u dont have the code anywhere? check ur owners manual, it may be written on the inside somewhere.

if u dont, u need the serial # from the back of the radio and acura should be able to tell u your code. if u take it to them and have them take it out, thell charge u for the labor and shit. so if u can do it yourself and get the code, and call them, they should be able to tell it to you

·
wtfhax0r
7,507 Posts
i thought you could just get your vehicle VIN number and call the dealership and ask for the radio code?

·
KD
4,547 Posts
i thought you could just get your vehicle VIN number and call the dealership and ask for the radio code?
yeah make sure you get the vehicle vehicle identification number number ... :rotfl:

i thought you could just get your VIN and call the dealership and ask for the radio code?
Fixed :thumbsup:

·
wtfhax0r
7,507 Posts
yeah make sure you get the vehicle vehicle identification number number ... :rotfl:

Fixed :thumbsup:
fuck me, i was just reading that redundancy shit in the time to bitch section lolol

thanks for the fix :thumbsup:

·
Registered
16,456 Posts
check underneath the fuse box cover located in the engine bay, should be a white sticker if it is. The code for my stereo was stuck in there

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks for the response guys... well its late now so ill just check it out tomorrow
i'll let you guys know when i look at it tomorrow

·
Banned
772 Posts
yeah same thing happened to me. when my battery died it asked for a code. it should come with the manual. mines was printed on a card inside the manual.

·
Firefighter/Paramedic
8,720 Posts
if its not anywhere on your car, just call a dealer and they can look it up. some are dicks and wont, but eventually, one of them will.

·
do a barrel roll!!
662 Posts
open the glovebox and it should be on the side facing the driver, thats where mine was, if its not there it might be engraved on the bottom of your oil pan, gl :thumbsup:

·
Registered
213 Posts
no tht code aint correct you have a special code for each car so you have to call an acura dealership and theyll probably tell you

·
EJ25 FTW
65,259 Posts
is this a correct code just asking
it is if you're looking for jenny

"Jenny, Jenny, who can I turn to?
You give me something I can hold onto
I know you think I'm like the others before
Who saw your name and number on the wall

Jenny, I got your number,
I need to make you mine.
Jenny, don't change your number,