Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone scan and post the instructions on how to remove the door handles (exterior) for me please?

·
Registered
11,745 Posts
Once you take off the door panel, you will see it is only held on by 2 bolts, in the pic I circled one of the bolts, the other you can't see in the pic. You will then need to take off the white clip (circled) which is connected to the rod, in order to pull the rod out. Lastly, unplug the wire wrapped in brown (arrow).

Why are you taking off the door handles?

Attachments

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Faint, thanks. I am at that point already actually. All those parts removed, but the lock cylinder doesn't come out and that is what is holding the large silver bracket in place.

·
Registered
11,745 Posts
I just got my car back from the shop today. They said they had to cut the door handle out. What are you removing it for?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I figured it out. You don't have to cut it out. Once you take the brown wire out, behind the silver bracket there is a pin that you have to slide out, then the whole lock cylinder comes out. Then the silver bracket releases and the handle comes out.

I needed to take it out, cause I am doing a color change. Don't ask what color, I'll post it in a week or so when I am done.

·
Registered
11,745 Posts
They cut mine out. Oh well, I have no use for them anymore. Are you painting it yourself, or having it done? If from a shop, what did you get quoted for the entire paint job, including door jams and under the hood?

Dave

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Painting everything.

I spent the last two days stripping the car. The only thing left untouched so far is the dash, and seats. Everything, and I mean everything is out, including the whole hatch.

I havn't decided on the motor yet. I don't want to take it out, the car won't drive the same.

I can't really quote the cost of the paint job. Since I work at KCaero, I am getting a good deal. We send a lot of work to a shop across the street.

Phoenix yellow was one of my choices. Axed it, I was actually going to go gold like the IS300 in Supers street. But, I choose another color..........

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You'll have to post pics of your car when it's finished.
I want to see this bad boy when it's all painted. ;)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys just had the same issue and the way to get the metal plate off sliding that pin out is pushing it down, the way that pin is is like a clip hugging the cylinder so you have to press it down to release the tension which holds it together. Hope this helped anyone

1 - 11 of 11 Posts