Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So about a month ago, a rear main oil seal leak combined with a bad oil pan put my car into limp mode. (Idk how the hell I missed it) Pan and seal were replaced along with a crankshaft sensor and new Iridium NGK ignition coils while we were at it. Car runs smoothly, only issue is that when I push into VTEC, I get a flashing CEL that goes away after about 20 seconds. Pulled out the OB2 and got back a P0606 Processor Control Module and P0113 IAT sensor HIgh voltage. Took it to a mechanic I know who used to work as a tech at Honda (runs https://pnrstatus.vip/ his own shop now) he said cleared the codes, checked all the wires and was kind of stumped and said it was weird, he said if it happened again I should consider replacing the ECU. https://sarkariresult.onl/ Car has just under 160k Miles, purchased at 138k.
Anyone have any thoughts on what it could be? Thank you in advance

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
The only way i can see a rear main seal/ oil pan leak putting your car into limp mode is if it leaked too much oil and ran the engine dry of oil which is obviously really bad. I'm going to assume this was unrelated to your problem (or you left out the part where you ran it low on oil).

This is what I would try.
1. (free) Pull the VTEC solenoid and make sure the filter isn't completely clogged
2. Did you replace the crank sensor with an OEM sensor or aftermarket? I would only use OEM parts if it were me.
3. (free) Check ground cables for good connection and make sure there is no corrosion (there is one by the side engine mount, and one by the front transmission mount, also check the battery/alternator wiring)
4. Replace the ECU

good luck

·
Registered
376 Posts
The only way i can see a rear main seal/ oil pan leak putting your car into limp mode is if it leaked too much oil and ran the engine dry of oil which is obviously really bad. I'm going to assume this was unrelated to your problem (or you left out the part where you ran it low on oil).

This is what I would try.
1. (free) Pull the VTEC solenoid and make sure the filter isn't completely clogged
2. Did you replace the crank sensor with an OEM sensor or aftermarket? I would only use OEM parts if it were me.
3. (free) Check ground cables for good connection and make sure there is no corrosion (there is one by the side engine mount, and one by the front transmission mount, also check the battery/alternator wiring)
4. Replace the ECU

good luck
All very good but he should also check and possibly replace the IAT.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts