Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I am beyond irritated right now, to where I don't see a problem burning this pos to the ground if I can't fix this.

I removed my old pos k-tuned clutch kit, as the cylinders leaked within 6 months and once left me stranded at work 60 miles away needing to get towed and it about happened again the other week.

I bought a new 01-05 civic CMC and a rsx CSC. I reinstalled my original clutch line. I've bleed clutches in this car, my civic, and s2000 and only this car has ever given me issues bleeding the system.

With everything installed and connected I top off the resevoir and opened the bleeder screw, oil doesn't even go down the resevoir. I pumped the pedal 100x with the cap off and bleeder open, no drop in fluid and no extra ounce of pressure.

I bought a $40 vacuum bleeder from harbor freight and the pos cap for the bottle doesn't even come with preexisting holes to attach the fittings and the T fitting doesn't even fit right, it's loose so it holds no pressure. With that said I have the vacuum pump connected directly to the line to the bleeder screw.

With the cap off the resevoir I pump the handle and it doesn't hold pressure. So I found out the bleeder screw is a tad loose so if I unscrew the screw, but press it against the CSC it'll hold pressure, but no fluid is drawn out.

I remove the CSC and connect the pump directly to the end of the clutch line and I'm able to draw fluid out. Problem is with the pump removed and when I press the pedal no fluid goes out. I feel pressure, but barely any fluid comes out. And why doesn't the fluid drain itself from the resevoir with the line open and the cap off?

It's hard to tell right now if I'm having issues with both sides of the clutch line and only this pos car has ever been a pain bleeding, I would've been done in 5 minutes with my other manuals, but not this one, requires pressing the clutch 20000000000 times.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Try taking off the intake manifold so you can see better. Use the pump bleeder you bought. You'll most likely have to buy a hose that fits because the ones that come with the bleeder kit are too big or you can try the smallest one and buy a clamp for it. I've been through this before.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts