Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i searched n couldnt find n e thing....i installed the rbc and the img after i turned the car on, after a few mins the cel came on, i put the scan tool on it, and it gave me two code one was "idle air system rpm higher then expected" and the other one is " air intake system leak".... the car is a 2006 rsx type s and i relocated the map sensor to the rbc mani,...if n e one had this problem or could tell me what is wrong, please please help... thanks in advance

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i did the carb cleaner thing n i cleaned the purge valve( it only has 12000 miles) but i still have the same thing i dont know what else to do but to take it apart again... n e more sugestions any body..... and yea once it warms up it idles higher than normal around 1200-1300 rmps

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks rensoyka and wketchin for the help, i didnt know what to do n e more so just thought may be i should just tighten down the manifold a little more, so then i tightened the two studs n the 2 of the bolts, and also one of the bolts on the tb, so then i started the car n the same problem, so then i just drove the car around the parkin lot and revd it up (while standin still) a few times (about 3000) and i notice that the idle was almost normal,(at 1100 rpms) so then i turned the car off got the scan tool, cleared the codes, then i just went for a lil drive ( checkin idle at stop lights) and the car was fine, im think the idle control valve need to go through a relearn or may b i just fixed that vacum leak, i got on it and the car sounded and felt different, it was like an animal... just hope if this helps n e one havin the problems that i was havin... if u have n e questions just let me know... thank to people dat helped me...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts