Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a very clean 2006 RSX type s for $6k with only two owners and extensive lists of service records at Acura/Honda dealers. It is stock except for a $2k sound system that was installed. Clutch, timing chain, and other aging items have been changed in the last year. Car is regularly detailed and has no body damage or rust with a perfect interior. Only thing is the car has 200k miles but the person selling it claims the previous owner drove 70 highway miles round trip to work and racked up 120k before selling to the current owner. Do you guys think this RSX is worth $6k (could try to talk down to $5.5k)?

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
If you are in a rust free area I would go 5K and 4K if in a rust area.

·
#Inkpot
5,193 Posts
If all that info is true/ you have no reason to believe otherwise and is actually reasonably clean(underneath, engine bay, interior) then its probably worth 6k but yeah come in at 5 and hope for 5.5k.

I feel like the interior has had to have seen better days and the majority of the suspension components would be shot if they werent replaced.

All said and done, the engine is a tank and fairly easy to work on. If it has no misgivings, get after it.

·
Registered
2005 Acura rsx type-s
8 Posts
I think you could probably get them down on the price. The listing price for my 2005 rsx type s was 5k and I ended up getting it for 2500. This was about 2 years ago. But I also had over 200000 miles. Other than the clutch I’ve had no problems and I’ve put many miles on it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I found a very clean 2006 RSX type s for $6k with only two owners and extensive lists of service records at Acura/Honda dealers. It is stock except for a $2k sound system that was installed. Clutch, timing chain, and other aging items have been changed in the last year. Car is regularly detailed and has no body damage or rust with a perfect interior. Only thing is the car has 200k miles but the person selling it claims the previous owner drove 70 highway miles round trip to work and racked up 120k before selling to the current owner. Do you guys think this RSX is worth $6k (could try to talk down to $5.5k)?
i payed 5.2 for mine. 126k miles. 03 tho

·
You John Rambo?
377 Posts
You got service records from from Acura, no rust, routine detailing, with perfect interior. If you can prove in writing those parts were changed I think this is a well taken care of car and probably worth near what they are asking.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I wouldn’t pay no more than 4500 because of miles.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My 2005 Type S still has original clutch and suspension at 146k miles. Honda/Acuras can easily go 250k if taken care of.
However price seems a bit high for that mileage, so negotiate, nothing to lose if you can get it for less.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yet. I wouldn’t buy it for that miles. Im putting my 2005 TypeS for sale for 5700 with 99,456 miles. Motor runs super strong n pulls hard.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Like stated before by others I would not pay 6k. At that kind of mileage the interior has to have some wear plus suspension components need to be looked at. I would offer around 4.5k. Best of luck

·
Registered
92 Posts
It depends a little bit the year and where you stay too here in Cali you see 06 types getting sold at 5.5 6k with couple mods on them 02-04 seems the price is usually lower

·
Registered
18 Posts
My 2005 Type S still has original clutch and suspension at 146k miles. Honda/Acuras can easily go 250k if taken care of.
For the record, I had a 2002 base model, that I bought used (I was the second owner), gave to my son, and then he donated last year. All told, the car had 375k miles on it when he donated it, and was still getting 30 mpg.

Take care of them, keep the oil changed, and they will last you.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts