Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
I'll stick you!
5,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I just picked up a carbon fiber hatch and was wondering if someone can post pics or a diy for installing it and doing all that is needed. I tried searcing for awhile and cant seem to find anything.

·
Premium Member
2,538 Posts
Hey all, I just picked up a carbon fiber hatch and was wondering if someone can post pics or a diy for installing it and doing all that is needed. I tried searcing for awhile and cant seem to find anything.
You need to have a glass company come out and install your old glass on the cf trunk, like they would a windshield.

·
diy guy
707 Posts
yea once u get the windshield installed on the hatch just do this:

remove the seat belts of passenger n driver

remove some o the weather stripping on the door, then pry the panels n they'll pop right off

next open ur trunk and remove teh weather stripping around it n it'll reveal this

pull on this part to reveal the hatch screws, Tips: remove the manual moon-roof retractor cover, and pop off the clips inside the headliner to get enough leverage and room

there should be a set of 2 screws on each side, unbolt those when ur ready to remove the hatch

some other notes:
-on the driver side panel, where the coat hanger drops down, make sure u unbolt the screw and remove it
-ur gonna have to get a flare wrench to remove the struts/shocks off the hatch, a regular wrench might strip it
-make sure to unplug the defroster n antenna for the radio, u just need to feed it thru the hatch

goodluck:thumbsup:

·
I'll stick you!
5,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I installed my hatch but it had a huge gap issue like it was popping up like 1 inch or so. I removed the weather stripping and it fit perfect. Now i was wondering what I can use to make it fit perfect like this but with weather stripping. help me out please. it rattles like crazy now.

·
I'll stick you!
5,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It is possible but I have a FAL plexiglass window so I dont have it. But I need help on what weatherstripping to use cause the stock one lifts up the hatch. Help me out someone.

·
Section 8
1,556 Posts
What about the wiring, is there a connector in here somewhere ? if so where exactly is it?
When I open up the panels, it might be obvious, but would like to know in advance
if so, you can't remove the htach without cutting and splicing all of the wires

·
Srs Biz Inquiries Only
5,036 Posts
wow this makes me glad i'm not going to install a carbon hatch.....just yet

·
ItS sToCk.......
2,977 Posts
What about the wiring, is there a connector in here somewhere ? if so where exactly is it?
When I open up the panels, it might be obvious, but would like to know in advance
if so, you can't remove the htach without cutting and splicing all of the wires

the connectors for the hatch are on the right rear close to the speaker you have to pull the bottom piece out to get to them i think its one connector and one 10mm bolt

·
Registered
512 Posts
bringing this back....
if i just want to move it, and NOT remove it, do i have to take off the bolt completely???
this is my problem....

·
JDM bubble Guts
82 Posts
damn!!!! thats a huge gap, i hope you figure it out soon because im about to slap mines on too soon but not sure what kind of problems im running into, let me know what you have any updates, GL

·
Educated Redneck
13,395 Posts
Ghost-what brand is your hood?

Also, how is Ft. Bliss? I'm from El Paso originally and stationed at Campbell.

·
New Member, Old Visitor
6 Posts
I also have a VIS sports hatch that has a fitment issue, I am starting to think that it may be a problem with the part.

Anyone have ideas how to fix it?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts