Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an USDM 02 Type S that had the low beams converted to daytime running lights by an Acura dealer in Canada when I imported the car to Canada upon moving back here.

The dealer some how wired it up for DRL's. The lights come on once the ignition is turned on. Turning on/ off the light switch only turns on and off the other accessory lights.

I need all of the experts with HID and DRL installations b/c I am interested in buying JDM HID housings and using this.

But I'm not sure my wiring is going to work with the JDM HID.

Any help would be appreciated. I do not want to order the lights and then find out it's not going to work.

·
My nose in your coke bag
2,917 Posts
low beams for drl? really? ive seen highs, but dont think ive seen lows. your going to get a nasty flickering from the drl cause there isnt enough power running through them. you may have to eliminate them.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have flickering at the start of the ignition, but I believe it is full power whenever the ignition is started.

No difference in brightness when I turn on the headlight switch vs. when it is off.

·
My nose in your coke bag
2,917 Posts
drl are supposed to run at a lower voltage than standard lowbeams. something doesnt sound right, i would talk to RSX-CT. he has all the answers when it comes to lighting... ALL the answers. im sure he will be around in a bit and answer your question, or pm him.

·
Trading HP for MPG
2,443 Posts
The dealer tapped the low beams for DRL instead of high beams. If you can find the DRL unit and rewire it for the high beams, then that should take care of the problem. (Shouldn't be hard if you follow the wires from either your left or right low beam connector, depending on where the dealer mounted the DRL relay)

·
Headlight Guy
8,513 Posts
Go back to the dealer and tell them to remove the after market DRL kit they put into your car. Then tell them to order the Honda/Acura DRL control module and DRL relay and install them into the proper OE areas and add the fuse into the fuse box.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts