Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seeing as I could not find a guide on how to remove headlights using the search, perhaps someone else can :)

http://www.k2motor.com/2lhprsx02jmbtm.html
Those are the headlights I bought...

I tried with my brother to remove the headlights yesterday with no success.

We removed the bolts and screws on the top of the headlight to find out that it was still being held in place by another bolt screw somewhere else but we couldnt find it for the life of us!!

I searched for a guide to remove the headlights but could only find how to remove the tail lights and the user manual only told of the tail lights...

Anyone have a guide on how to remove and replace the headlights?

Also.. on my new headlights... where is the blinker? I see the yellow on the side but as far as people looking from the front, is the blinker the first smallest bulb in the front? I just take the blinker out my old headlight and wallah, it works eh?

·
04 Type S
219 Posts
guy....honestly look at ur new headlights and u will be able 2 see the 3rd bolt and where it goes, you gotta take the bumper off (fronT)

·
eprimpk4l
941 Posts
guy....honestly look at ur new headlights and u will be able 2 see the 3rd bolt and where it goes, you gotta take the bumper off (fronT)
yea you got to take the bumper off, there is also a DIY for how to. and there is a write up in the speed shop.
http://www.clubrsx.com/cr/SSIIAFHID.html

even though its for HID's you should be able to figure it out from there :thumbsup:

·
Fix it 'til it's broken
12,041 Posts
My DIY:

Return the headlights you just purchased.

·
--------------------
28,783 Posts
Why did you buy such ugly POS ricer headlights? Just curious.

·
Fix it 'til it's broken
12,041 Posts
Out of curiousity myself, why do you deem them as being "ricer?"
Look at them dude.......

Those are headlamps you'd see on a typical rundown Civic.

·
2,848 Posts
Assuming you can get your bumper off, you'll need a 10" socket extension to get to the last bolt.

·
DSM DC5
170 Posts
That is outstanding. I like how you specified "(front)"

Although I heard there is an order to removing the bumpers. You have to take the rear off first, then the front. If you don't I think you will get an engine check light. HA

That made my night.

·
Fix it 'til it's broken
12,041 Posts
Was that an attempt at a joke or something?

:dontknow:

·
Registered
221 Posts
Easy as this: Take your bumper off. Remove top bolts. There is a bolt on the side by the fender. THere is a final bolt underneath the housing. Should take no more than twenty mins to switch out.

·
Registered
188 Posts
youll also need an extension for the ratchet, otherwise its like impossible to get the bolt on the bottom out, unless you have small hands =/

1 - 15 of 15 Posts