Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning on doing my own oil change. I haven't done it on the RSX yet. How many litres do I need to buy? I've heard I need 5 bottles. But how much does it exactly need? Any precautions I should be aware of? thanks guys.

·
Registered
22,420 Posts
i would say buy 6 and be safe. every single time i've done oil change it's been 5.something used.

·
Perpetrator
23,576 Posts
you need to fill it exactly between the dot marks on the dipstick. that's why we have that. don't just blindly fill oil without checking the oil level. usually, one will add 5 qts (Type S) and be good to go. but always check the oil level when you add oil.

the total oil sump capacity is 6.1 qts in the Type S.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks. I tried doing a search, but i got like 100's of thread about the 1st oil change. And I looked at the manual, some info there about grade of oil, but not much really to tell you about changing the oil yourself. Just looking for some tips from other rsx owners. thanks for the info :)

·
yawn..
7,285 Posts
If you really have it hard... get a oil filter grip thingy from an auto store.. and take the sway bar off.. you can easily get a ratchet down to take it off...

Since i'm jdm sized.. I can fit my hands down there no problem!! ahha

·
Registered
954 Posts
Down_Shift said:
If you really have it hard... get a oil filter grip thingy from an auto store.. and take the sway bar off.. you can easily get a ratchet down to take it off...

Since i'm jdm sized.. I can fit my hands down there no problem!! ahha
remove a sway bar just to get to an oil filter?? come on guys just reach up there and twist it off it's not that hard. like hondaintegratypes said, there are worse places engineers have put oil filters, ever saw a newer miata, lexus is300, have fun with those...

·
what the problem is ?
744 Posts
Frosty said:
Oh gimme a break dude, it's not THAT hard to get to once you are under the car.
its not bad, but it spills all over :)

·
what the problem is ?
744 Posts
AmiesAcura said:
I would suggest taking it to the dealership for the first oil change and during the first year. The guy who sold me my car said that it's better that way therefore they can keep track on your car's performance and such
listening and trusting a salesman is the best thing you can do ;) :rolleyes: :crazy:

dude, how old are you :rolleyes:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.