Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
LOL wut
8,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i need help on my 60ft! i have no idea why im getting such bad times... i think its mainly my launch but any advice will do! thanks guys! :shakehead

·
LOL wut
8,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
haha i got 2.7 on the 60ft...yup at the Q...i had them stock tires with normal driving psi...i forgot about dropping pressure...what psi is favorable again?

·
San Diego OG RSX
2,813 Posts
i think its about low 20s. The problem is how are you going to fill the tires back up when you leave to go home. Driving at 22 PSI = :shakehead :nervous:

·
San Diego OG RSX
2,813 Posts
oh do you mind i ask? Where did you get your PG from? how much? they sound great... :thumbsup:

·
LOL wut
8,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
haha i got it on ebay...it is worth the money! i think the seller has a few more...the sellers name is wrxworld...and i got mine for a total of 587 includinh shipping...amazing huh? yeah i dumped the clutch...im gonna feather it next time

·
hondata'd
883 Posts
i lowered my stock michellins at the track as low as 17 psi. yea i know! thats pretty low....but i know people that put there psi to 14 psi (ericcarver1, if you know him on the boards) just practice your launches...or buy better tires. Azenis arent a bad choice and alot of people have good results with them.
i use 215/45/16 azenis ...work great
and i use nitto nt555r 205/45/16 which produce consistent low 60 ft times. 2.1's maybe lower if your a real good driver.

if your in so-cal...im selling my 2 nitto drag radials mounted on stock rsx rims
http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?p=2240122#post2240122

good luck on improving your 60 ft's

·
San Diego OG RSX
2,813 Posts
what were your 60' with michelins at 17 PSI? did they make a significant difference or was it just .0000005 seconds better?

·
hondata'd
883 Posts
my 60 fts with my michellins were high 2.2's....
ericcarver1's best 60ft's with stock michellins at 14 psi was a high 2.1

·
TeamDC5
748 Posts
sameee 60 ft. problem

i just got back from the track tonite for my first time. FIRST THING--My launches were hidious..i have 17's with 215/45/17 bfgoodrich kdw's deflated to about 25 psi, and cudnt hook. my sixty foot times were between 2.48 and 2.7 which is horrible :thumbsdow . How do most of u guys out there launch, for example like do u slip the clutch or feather and at wut RPM? i was slipping the clutch at about 3500 rpms.. thanks..

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
sleeper dc5 said:
my 60 fts with my michellins were high 2.2's....
ericcarver1's best 60ft's with stock michellins at 14 psi was a high 2.1
Yeah the Michelins aren't that hard to launch on. My problem with them is they want to spin at the top of 1st and on the 1-2 shifts.

I usually pull 2.18-2.20's, but I've pulled a few 2.14-2.16's on the stockies. It's not too hard. I just lower my pressure to 23lbs, launch about 4500-5000, and slip the clutch.

And those times are without the J's Torque Dampner on or ES MM's so don't think it's impossible to get decent 60fts out of the stockies :thumbsup:

·
Banned
91 Posts
BlueRSXS03 said:
How do most of u guys out there launch, for example like do u slip the clutch or feather and at wut RPM? i was slipping the clutch at about 3500 rpms.. thanks..
I just sit back, relax, and slip it in and out. Just ride it for a few seconds then pop it. It's a rush and a good feeling at the same time. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
you should be banned

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
I don't think I need to explain why.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts