Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
drive your dreams
5,498 Posts
if you can get under the car you dont need to take off the rear bumper, you can get to the screws from the bottom. i got my jdm tails put in without removing the rear bumper in under an hour.

·
I mean, this guy...
7,034 Posts

·
JDM>USDM
38,437 Posts
When I switched to JDM taillights, I couldn't remove the bumper. I could pull the sides off but where it hangs onto the taillight brackets, it wouldn't budge......seems like it it was gonna crack, so I just reached underneath the bumper and unscrewed the two screws for each taillight......a few scrapes here and there but it was well worth it.

For that reason, I installed my front and side A-Spec lip and had Acura do the rear.....mostly also because I didn't want to cut my bumper :noes:

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
When I switched to JDM taillights, I couldn't remove the bumper. I could pull the sides off but where it hangs onto the taillight brackets, it wouldn't budge......seems like it it was gonna crack, so I just reached underneath the bumper and unscrewed the two screws for each taillight......a few scrapes here and there but it was well worth it.

For that reason, I installed my front and side A-Spec lip and had Acura do the rear.....mostly also because I didn't want to cut my bumper :noes:
yeah thats the same problem i had too, it was like the middle didnt want to snap off, because something was still screwed on i guess..

·
Registered
126 Posts
You can install them without taking off the bumper. I there are four screws located under the rear bumper. Its easy if you have a 10 inch magnetic philips, I took my 06 tails off to get rid of the water problem that theyre notorious for. Hope that helps, g/l.

·
I heart boobs!
573 Posts
You can install them without taking off the bumper. I there are four screws located under the rear bumper. Its easy if you have a 10 inch magnetic philips, I took my 06 tails off to get rid of the water problem that theyre notorious for. Hope that helps, g/l.
What water problem is that?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts