Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
EaSt COaSt PiMp
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2002 Manual base. I want to get a type-S engine but I'm not sure if I should do an engine swap or just trade it in for a type-S. After I get the engine, whether it be a swap or trade in, I am definitely going turbo. What would you guys do? :dontknow: Also is there anybody on here that has done an engine swap for a type-S and then turboed it?

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
I'd swap in a K24A engine (the TSX engine) and boost that mother. It has a lower compression ratio but more hp and torque to start out with, and better gas mileage than the K20A2.

Unless you're unhappy with your 2002 and want to upgrade to the latest year (heated mirrors, those can be handy) just so you have a new car again. I'd personally go with a swap of some sort, though, but I would swap something more powerful than the Type S engine into your Base.

And there is more aftermarket for the K20A2 as far as I've gathered, so that might play in as well. I think you can use K20A2 bolt ons with the K24A engine, but I am trying to verify that at this moment.

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
Is the K20A an option? That would be an awsome swap to make. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts