Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is there a way to remove cement from my paint? there is a bunch of construction where i live and i somehow manage to get cement on my rear quarter panel. This is cement that is dried onto the car ( just noticed today). theres about a 2" long and a 1/2"wide mark and is about 1/8" thick. Whats the best way to remove it? is there a alternative to scrapping it off along with the paint? all opinions and options will be well appreciated.

·
Mada Mada Dane
1,089 Posts
you can get a clay bar at any automotive store (ex. autozone, kragens, etc.). i am not sure a clay bar will work if it is a solid slab of cement. that is ur best bet. otherwise you will prob have to chip it off. gl

·
Premium Member
20,800 Posts
ok so automotive paint store it is. also ive read that white distill vinager will break down the cement, u guys think this is true.
Yes and no.

If you drove through a construction zone and there was cement in the water in a puddle you splashed, yes, vinegar works.
This is when it looks like a gray hazy mark.

If a blob of cement actually hardened on your car: no. There are things considerably more acidic than vinegar in rain, and I don't see the buildings melting.

Cement is also very corrosive when it's setting, so you are probably going to need a repaint on that panel.
You should try to pull off what you can, claybar the rest, polish and pray.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.