Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
F1 Crew #3
3,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so I just finished putting my motor back in my type s and it threw these 2 codes

1 P0336 Crankshaft position sensor a ckt range/ perf anyone know what caulses this code?

2 P0505 Idle control system malfunction I was thinking that I needed to do the Idle learn procedure but I'm not going to try untill I get the first code taken care of

any help with these two things would be greatly appreciated I've had my car appart for months now and would love to be able to drive it soon

·
Breast inspector by appt.
9,245 Posts
1. You either have a wiring problem between the sensor and the ECU or the sensor is bad. Check that the sensor plug is pushed in properly and that the wiring didn't get frayed or stretched. You'll need a voltmeter to check for proper connection to the ECU.
2. After bad wiring again or not plugged in, the usual cause after the car sitting for months is a stuck IAC valve on the throttle body. Take it off and give it a good clean.

·
F1 Crew #3
3,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks
Ill check the crank sensor however with the IAC I cleaned that the other day and I've been over the entire engine everything is pluged in any other thoughts on the idle problem

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.