Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Dead again.
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the inside of the RSX, you know those plastic pieces that cover the location close to the side mirror units? They have a shape that resembles a triangle. The one on the left of the car has scratches on it, caused from when I was replacing the door panel. Its very noticeable... like someone keyed it or something... its white. I was thinking about heat gunning it to remove the scratch but they are too deep... Ive done heat gun repair before and know it wont work. I was thinking about removing the piece (and matching piece on the right).. sanding it smooth with a coarse paper, sanding it smoother with a finer paper, and then spray painting it over a glossy black. I just wanted to ask you smart people if this sounds like an idea that will work well... or if you have any tips for it.

Thanks!

·
Registered
215 Posts
Same exact thing happened to mine. I was just planning on buying a new one from Acura parts dept. I wouldn't think it would be that expensive :dontknow:

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Should be under 20 bucks. A new one will look much better than a sprayed one IMO. They are cheap, just get a new one.

·
Dead again.
2,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That cheap? Cool, that be how I do it. (!) I might have them look at some rattles while I am there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts