Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need help acquiring some parts (hehe lots of parts). Im helping my friend do a k20a2 swap into his 7gen 02 civic ex. We are gonna rebuild the internals to handle about 20+ psi, I found Je pistons with 9:0:1 comp. ( i wanted like 8:5:1 but not sure if they make it ) and some Eagle H-Beam Connecting Rods. I need sleeves and good headgasket, the crankshaft is gonna be balanced that should cover the long block. For the head i need some cams, springs and retainers. Im am still unsure what type of turbo to get if td05 is to big maybe t04 :confused: . A Cast iron manifold that retains the A/C would be nice; however, the problem is if it's gonna take such a large turbo and if someone makes it. I would appreciate any info where to acquire such items, or any help making it better. Our goal is about 500+ Whp which is gonna be controlled by the AEM EMS.

·
riiiiiiight
1,109 Posts
k20afreak said:
I need help acquiring some parts (hehe lots of parts). Im helping my friend do a k20a2 swap into his 7gen 02 civic ex. We are gonna rebuild the internals to handle about 20+ psi, I found Je pistons with 9:0:1 comp. ( i wanted like 8:5:1 but not sure if they make it ) and some Eagle H-Beam Connecting Rods. I need sleeves and good headgasket, the crankshaft is gonna be balanced that should cover the long block. For the head i need some cams, springs and retainers. Im am still unsure what type of turbo to get if td05 is to big maybe t04 :confused: . A Cast iron manifold that retains the A/C would be nice; however, the problem is if it's gonna take such a large turbo and if someone makes it. I would appreciate any info where to acquire such items, or any help making it better. Our goal is about 500+ Whp which is gonna be controlled by the AEM EMS.
www.cybernationmotorsports.com 1866-34-cyber give them a call they'll tell you everything you need...

·
Nice!
3,524 Posts
k20afreak said:
If you go with a thicker head gasket (cybernation offers one) it will lower the compression closer to 8:5:1. Personally i think that's a little to lower for our cars. Cybernation also sells a mainifold that will allow you to keep the ac and is the only one that i know of that locates the turbo in an area that you can actually fit a good sized turbo. Their manifold is stainless steal (better than cast iron IMO). If you're looking for 500wph I'd go with a 60-1 ball-bearing. To my knowledge, nobody makes a FI cam for our cars yet, but you could bring the stock cams to a machine shop to have them ground. Have some port work done on the head also. Also, i would go with hondata's K-pro over aem ems. If your goal is 500whp, you're going to need to run closer to 30psi to achieve that.

·
I love Audi Junkie!!!
3,072 Posts
k20afreak said:

They have an awesome kit available for this swap!!!

See ya,
JMS

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.