Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I have started to mod my NBP Type-S. Right now, my car is wingless, and I just want some opinions from you guys if I should get a wing or not. And if I should get a wing, which one?

Sorry I dont have a digicam ATM (i lost my charger), so I'll just describe the car and you guys can picture it. :thumbsup: Some of these mods are pending install, btw.

-NPB Type-S with Canadian Gunmetal Rims
-Eibach Sportline Springs
-OEM Kit for Rear/Sides/Front
-JDM Headlamps
-35/20 Tints
-Red-out tails

What wing do you guys suggest I go with? I was looking at either the Type-R or the custom lip spoiler that a few guys on this board have (I believe RSX2NV has it). Or should I stick with wingless?

What do you guys think would compliment my car the most? I'm torn between the above 2 spoilers.

TIA guys,
Shaun

·
Registered
34,829 Posts
different people will tell you different things about wings. some like it wingless while other love wings, you will get ALOT of mixed reviews.

personally i like my type r wing! at times i do wish it werent so high though but all in all, i like it.

i say your best bet is to go out and see other rsxs with wings or check out the members profiles for pics.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Definatley get the Type-R wing over the "custom" thing. Type R will make your car look like the A-Spec (FP package).

Don't leave it wingless though.

·
Registered
3,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Trust me man, I've done researching and rummaging through the member profiles like crazy, and personally, I'm kinda leaning toward the custom lip, just so I'm a bit different. But I would like opinions to see what others would say, according to my specific setup.

Type-R would look good too though. ARGHH!!! :)

·
Registered
3,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bronzee said:
Definatley get the Type-R wing over the "custom" thing. Type R will make your car look like the A-Spec (FP package).

Don't leave it wingless though.
Acknowledged. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
35,049 Posts
Wingless, nothing looks better.

·
the overrated fig shot
3,237 Posts
Shaun_FreSh said:
Hey guys,

I have started to mod my NBP Type-S. Right now, my car is wingless, and I just want some opinions from you guys if I should get a wing or not. And if I should get a wing, which one?

Sorry I dont have a digicam ATM (i lost my charger), so I'll just describe the car and you guys can picture it. :thumbsup: Some of these mods are pending install, btw.

-NPB Type-S with Canadian Gunmetal Rims
-Eibach Sportline Springs
-OEM Kit for Rear/Sides/Front
-JDM Headlamps
-35/20 Tints
-Red-out tails

What wing do you guys suggest I go with? I was looking at either the Type-R or the custom lip spoiler that a few guys on this board have (I believe RSX2NV has it). Or should I stick with wingless?

What do you guys think would compliment my car the most? I'm torn between the above 2 spoilers.

TIA guys,
Shaun

Type-R looks good but it's kind of big. I think wings west made one like the type r wing but smaller?

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Definately search around in the NBP threads to see what you want your car to look like. Even though this has been said too many times, I will say it again: a wing is for show, so go with what you feel.

·
Registered
820 Posts
I would go with a Type-R wing since you have OEM kit already. I can also tell you where to get a Type-R wing painted and shipped to your house for about $230 CAD if you decided to go with it.

·
Go Hokies!!!
407 Posts
i would say get the oem wing, not too high but also looks good. imo

·
Slow and FWD
1,755 Posts
the type r is cool, a bit to common (actually WAY to common) and a bit too high. the mugen is a bit extreme height wise. does anyone have the top secret wing i've been looking everywhere for it. I love it

1 - 15 of 15 Posts