Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Come on England
22,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys! so i've been debating on removing the windshield tape.

for those of you not familiar with what i'm talking about - the windshield frame on S2000s is painted and then covered with black tape. i figure they do this so it blends in with the soft top. the tape can be removed to reveal (99% of the time) pretty paint.

here's my car how it sits now:

here is a hardtopped S2K with the tape removed:

btw, the 08's now come without the windshield tape.

anyway..... whatcha think? leave the tape or remove it?

·
Retired OG
147,491,194 Posts
remove NAO

:drool:

·
Come on England
22,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
remove NAO

:drool:
/salutes

yes sir :bow: ;)

i actually might do it tonight. i hope hooooope it's easy to take off, and that the underneath is totally painted. a few people removed their tape and were left with unpainted or scuffed frames. :(

·
Retired OG
147,491,194 Posts
/salutes

yes sir :bow: ;)

i actually might do it tonight. i hope hooooope it's easy to take off, and that the underneath is totally painted. a few people removed their tape and were left with unpainted or scuffed frames. :(
huh, i just find it weird they would do that because of the soft top :dontknow:

either way hope it turns out fine and painted :)

·
Come on England
22,948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
huh, i just find it weird they would do that because of the soft top :dontknow:

either way hope it turns out fine and painted :)
i guess they wanted it to blend or something :p but yea it looks so clean without it.
make sure to take your time and have some goo gone handy and a blow dryer to heat it up also helps.
i pulled up one corner last night and i can see it's going to be a pain. i'll probably do it after the car has been in the sun for a while. i can't wait to take the tape off though.. everytime i look at that AP2 i am anxious to make mine look nice like that too. haha

1 - 20 of 27 Posts