·
Projectors....Mmmmmm
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've got an 05 TL. KBB says it's trade in value is:
Excellent Condition 27,065
Good Condition 25,625
Fair Condition 23,030

I want to trade it in for a 07 SI. The Dealer lowballed me for my trade in value and offered me 23,800 for my TL. I said I want 26,000. He said 24,318. I said nope. I also told him I wanted the SI which is 22,478 for 20,000. He said he couldn't do it.
We negotiated for about 20 minutes. He BS'd with me alot. He said he had one of his "staff member's" on the phone with Acura to find out how much they can give me for my TL (Bullshit).

So, I told him I want 26K for the trade in and 20K for the SI. He said "well, I thank you for coming in blah blah blah" I said thanks for the test drive and walked to my car with my wife. A minute later while I was standing infront of my ride, the sales manager came out and said "My guy on the phone gave me great news and said he'll do 26K for the trade in" I was like what about the SI? How much you gonna take off? He hesitated to answer but something was going to come out. He wanted to go back inside and buy time for himself to bs with me.

I said no, I have to go back to work. I'm a little pressed on time. The thing I want to know is am I asking too low for that SI? Am I pushing a big discount? Are there any SI owners out there that got a good amount off the sticker price? My wife wants something sportier than a TL and we are going after an SI.

-Johan

·
Projectors....Mmmmmm
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
^^knock off 2478...my bad I meant 20K for the SI. I mean, those bastards wanted to lowball me for my TL so I'm going to lowball them and see if I can get the deal or at least 1200 off the price of the SI. It's all about knowing how to get a good deal and not getting the shaft from those dealers. I just wanted some feedback if I was wrong. There is nothing wrong with my TL. They couldn't find any flaws to back up their FAIR condition value they offered me and that's why I think they bumped it up to 26K. Which is what I was expecting.

·
Pass the butter.
1,237 Posts
Is this an Si Coupe or Sedan? Navi or no Navi?

If you're looking for 20k, I'm guessing it's the coupe w/out Nav. But 20K for an 07 is pretty much dead on invoice... I don't think I've heard of anyone getting an 07 at invoice yet. A few hundred over, yeah. But not invoice.

·
Projectors....Mmmmmm
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, coupe w/out Navi is the one I'm going for. So what would be a reasonable asking price for it? I mean, just because I have a more expensive car than an SI doesn't mean I'm just going to take the car for the sucker price without fighting for some type of discount. Know what I mean.

·
Registered
86 Posts
ah gotcha, i think you were in the good then... but some people gotta make a living and if they're not desperate.. guess they just don't budge, i dont know. i'm not much of a price haggler lol

·
Projectors....Mmmmmm
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So far I've got them down to 21,900 but that's with the accessories that I don't want. So, it should come down a bit more.

·
im buggin out!!!!
5,209 Posts
Good Condition 25,625
Fair Condition 23,030

I want to trade it in for a 07 SI. The Dealer lowballed me for my trade in value and offered me 23,800 for my TL. I said I want 26,000. He said 24,318. I said nope. I also told him I wanted the SI which is 22,478 for 20,000. He said he couldn't do it.
We negotiated for about 20 minutes. He BS'd with me alot. He said he had one of his "staff member's" on the phone with Acura to find out how much they can give me for my TL (Bullshit).

So, I told him I want 26K for the trade in and 22K for the SI. He said "well, I thank you for coming in blah blah blah" I said thanks for the test drive and walked to my car with my wife. A minute later while I was standing infront of my ride, the sales manager came out and said "My guy on the phone gave me great news and said he'll do 26K for the trade in" I was like what about the SI? How much you gonna take off? He hesitated to answer but something was going to come out. He wanted to go back inside and buy time for himself to bs with me.

I said no, I have to go back to work. I'm a little pressed on time. The thing I want to know is am I asking too low for that SI? Am I pushing a big discount? Are there any SI owners out there that got a good amount off the sticker price? My wife wants something sportier than a TL and we are going after an SI.

-Johan
I negoated my best friends 07 Si coupe for 21K flat without navi so I think ur pretty good on were u are stay firm

·
Projectors....Mmmmmm
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My goal is to get them in the 20's. Not 20, 999 but 20,something. Every dollar counts right.

·
Pass the butter.
1,237 Posts
Yeah, coupe w/out Navi is the one I'm going for. So what would be a reasonable asking price for it? I mean, just because I have a more expensive car than an SI doesn't mean I'm just going to take the car for the sucker price without fighting for some type of discount. Know what I mean.
Okay, so invoice apparently is not unreasonable. I just bought mine with navi today for under it. You can do it. :)

Shoot for mid KBB on your TL, and get invoice on the Si.

·
Registered
281 Posts
When the 06's were out, the cheapest I heard about was $500 under sticker but 98% of the people seemed to get it for tag if not marked up. I paid exactly tag but got a decent trade in value. I've heard they negotiate quite a big on the Sedans but the Coupes are still keeping sticker price tags. Around here, you couldn't get that deal no matter what.

·
Projectors....Mmmmmm
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah but at least they haven't said my offer for 20K is ludacris like another honda dealership told me.

I went to one near my house and I said to them "i want 26K for my TL" and they didn't want to give it to me but I made them budge. So I told them they had to drop the SI price too. They asked how much. I said 20K and he said "Thanks for coming in, have a good day"

The other dealer they I said I wanted 20K is still calling me giving me lower offers. I wonder how come?

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
My friend used to be a salesman for honda, he basically told me with the new cars, the max you might be able to talk them down would be 2K. But that is the max. With a used car then you should be able to talk them down a little more.

Only thing that I think Honda is trying to screw you with is the trade-in part but not the sticker price of the Si.

·
Pass the butter.
1,237 Posts
Good Condition 25,625
Fair Condition 23,030

So, I told him I want 26K for the trade in and 22K for the SI. He said "well, I thank you for coming in blah blah blah" I said thanks for the test drive and walked to my car with my wife. A minute later while I was standing infront of my ride, the sales manager came out and said "My guy on the phone gave me great news and said he'll do 26K for the trade in" I was like what about the SI? How much you gonna take off? He hesitated to answer but something was going to come out. He wanted to go back inside and buy time for himself to bs with me.

-Johan

Why'd you say 22k? :(

·
Projectors....Mmmmmm
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
^^I forgot to edit that part. I meant to write 20K

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.