Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

Need parts.

Tags
parts
2K views 63 replies 13 participants last post by  stylesp 
#1 ·
... what's a good place to buy them?

Just rear-ended an SUV (Ford Explorer) and while his bumper has nary a scratch, my front end is fucked.

Will need: new bumper, new hood, new front fenders, new radiator, bumper support, condenser, headlights.

Good place to buy aftermarket hood and headlights? Leaning towards the Japanese HIDs - where can I get a set of those? Help!

#8 ·
Ha, nope. Since I rear-ended him, I'm at fault, and I don't want to raise insurance rates.

Y2A said:
Ouch, I know exactly how you feel, I tapped the rear of an Acura TL before, his rear bumper only got a scratch while my front end got fucked up---hood, 1 headlight, bumper---the RSX front end is fragile as hell.
You got off relatively lucky compared to me- I hit the Explorer's tow hitch straight on. Now that I've gotten a better look at the damage, I'm going to need two new front fenders, new hood, new bumper, new headlights, new bumper support, new core support, radiator, condenser, motor mounts, windshield (some dumbass cracked my windshield when they pried my hood open to check the damage) and power steering pump. Yay! :p At least there's no frame damage, aside from where it got slightly bent where it's bolted to the bumper support. My bumper support looks like this: >

Thanks for the sites - I've been to the trademotion site before (boyfriend's a tech - that's the first place he looked), but looks like I'm going to be sourcing most my parts from the body shop, because they're offering me 10% off the whole shebang since I'm paying cash.

#6 ·
#10 ·
Insurance already hates me, because I totalled a car in January :( Hence why I'm trying to go outside of insurance.

Dude barely even has any damage to his car! Maybe a scratch.

By the way, anyone here speak Spanish? (Dude doesn't speak English. When I called him earlier, I could only get "I don't speak English" out of him.) I did get a Spanish speaking friend to talk to him to let him know that I'd rather not deal with insurance companies, and I would be willing to pay for his damage out of pocket, and he said it was fine with him. Then he said he would call me on Saturday to discuss it further, but didn't. Then this morning I get a call from his insurance company and MY insurance company... what the fuck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.