Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I got my speed source shifter cable bushing kit today. I got the rubber stock bushings out, and the new bushing installed on the smaller one. Well, now I cant slide it back on to the tranny, it's like at a bad angle so it wont go in straight. And I couldnt get the u-clip off so I couldnt fully disconnect the cables, which would solve my problem since I would then be able to get a better angle and slide the bushing and cable back into place. But that u-clip isnt moving, maybe there is a trick to getting it out, I dont know. Anyone have any help?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
just tap it with a hammer, it will go on.

Allright, it wasnt going to go on unless I took the u-clip off to remove the whole cable. So I found a way to remove it, lol, which, as most of you probably know, can be done with the back of a hammer, nice and simple. I got the cable bushings on, (as well as the shifter housing bushing kit from kabe), and then I went to take a test drive. It felt great. Shifts are way more solid now, no more 2nd and 3rd gear grind, and I dont even have an SS yet.

·
RIP RSX-S
1,695 Posts
congrats man... time for a ss kit

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
congrats man... time for a ss kit
Yeah, thats what I want to do next, Im thinking the BC SS kit will be good. They don't make the viscious tech ss anymore, isnt that what you told me you have?? Anyway, I have my Hondata IMG now too, but Im gonna need some help installing that, lol. You think we could meet up again sometime?? I was gonna ask you or Shawn for help on that....lol

·
RIP RSX-S
1,695 Posts
Yeah, thats what I want to do next, Im thinking the BC SS kit will be good. They don't make the viscious tech ss anymore, isnt that what you told me you have?? Anyway, I have my Hondata IMG now too, but Im gonna need some help installing that, lol. You think we could meet up again sometime?? I was gonna ask you or Shawn for help on that....lol
that sucks they don't make the viscous tech ss anymore. the bc ss would be my next choice.

shawn seems to be more available for installs then me. if you and shawn setup a date and time, i'll see if i can drop by to help out.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
that sucks they don't make the viscous tech ss anymore. the bc ss would be my next choice.

shawn seems to be more available for installs then me. if you and shawn setup a date and time, i'll see if i can drop by to help out.
Allright, that sounds good. About how long did it take you to install your IMG?? Did you break the gasket that is between the TB and manifold?? I heard it was a pain if you broke it since you had to go get another one somewhere or make one...

G

·

Why don't you look into a Comptech kit? They are cheap, work great, and there are probably a few still around.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Why don't you look into a Comptech kit? They are cheap, work great, and there are probably a few still around.
Because the comptech kit is not a whole shifter assembly, just some adapters. Its a good kit for a great price, but I personally like the feel and shorter shifts of a full ss assembly...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts