Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I have been poking around here for a fair amount of time, but haven't posted much. Here is the scoop I could use some help with.

Been looking for a decently priced, low km RSX for some time. Didn't need to be a type S as there aren;t alot of them around here. (atlantic canada)

So I found a 2003 Type S, in white, with 56000 km ( not miles) for the asking price of 19 900. Now i love the white and it woudl be great to have a type S. The dealership had the wheels refinished ( they said ti was a recall) and got the hood refinished ( rockchips) rest of the car looks mint. So that is the story.
I'm going to take it for a test drive.
Is there anything in particular you guys think I need to be careful with? check out etc?

thanks in advance for anything .

·
Want to buy my shirt ?!?
635 Posts
Well it's not too high... I've paid mine 6 monts ago (base premium 2004 w/ 67000 km) 18000$ CAD...

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I bet i can talk them down in price. I'm aiming for 18 500. But I was more thinking about defects, wear issues? anything like that I should check for.
but thansk for the input. I'm pretty excited on getting a PWP, they always looked so hawt to me, I'm a little worried about it being harder to keep clean and show road damage easier, but, what can ya do.

·
Retired OG
100,341 Posts
Basically there is notjhing special to look for that you wouldn't on any other car. the 2nd gear grind might show up, but you can't let that stop you from buying since damn near every rsx has it.

just test it out good, and if you lik eit and are comfortable with the price. Then buy it and start modding.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
2nd gear grind. is that a factory defect? Can it be fixed? Does Acura honor this issue?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts