Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last Friday I picked my car up from the body shop (truck hit me) to only find that #1 the botched the repairs #2 they damaged the hell out of my leather. On my passanger seat (side) and all over my back seat there is something extremely sticky. It kind of looks like someone took my car out on a drive and a person in the back seat shook up a soda and opened it up. They say it wasn't them, but I cleaned the inside of the car before I sent it in and I dont allow dark drinks in my car.

I used leather cleaner that my old man has but that didn't work, it took the stain out but the stickiness is still there.

Does anyone have any ideas? It would be greatly appreciated.

·
I am a non smoker
5,202 Posts
nah dude thats bullshit, i would demand them to do something about it, tell them that ur gonna get ur lawyer, whoa man if that happend to me, i dunno what to do, i even get pissed off when my passengers get in or get out of my car the wrong way to where their weight sits on the corners on the seat, where it tends to crack the easiest, but other than that, yes lexol should get it off....im sure im not the only one that gets fired up when something goes wrong with the leather in my new car...

·
03 PWP Type-S
1,118 Posts
I'm with you DallasRSX, I get paranoid about my car when people other than me come in contact with it. Its new, and I want to keep it that way as long as I can.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've gone down the legal route but there's "not enough proof" so I have to clean it. :mad:

but i'll try out lexol (thanks for the tip)

I like keeping my car clean, she's only 9 months old and i'd like to keep her looking like she did on the show room.

thanks again.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
just make sure you clean and condition the leather alot. some people have had some poblems with the leather cracking.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I haven't had any problems yet, but thanks for the tip.. My drivers seat has a few wrinkles in it but it's nothing major yet, but i'll definately get some leather conditioner then :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts