Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Owner of Racecoated
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the cold weather on and off here in south FL, I seem to be seeing some detonation. I'm still running premium gas and nothing else has changed.

I get detonation at mid to WOT and it's slight in some gears and more noticeable in others.

I'm running an Apexi SAFC and I guess I just need a run down of what I should be changing in the settings to account for this.

Thanks,

Steve

·
Owner of Racecoated
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone have any info?

Thanks,
Steve

·
[email protected] stock tires I/E
1,091 Posts
I'd call CN cause they can usually tell exactly whats going on when it comes to boosted hondas and even though yours is a civic they should be able to give you some insight on what to do.

·
Owner of Racecoated
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That would be fine since I'm running their kit on my EP3, but I was hoping for an "owner" response..that and the CN crew are sometimes hard to get a hold of.

Steve

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Well fist of all u are more likely to get detonation with partial throttle. It’s not a good idea to boost with ½ throttle. What u could do is change the TH point so u switch to the high map faster and add some fuel on the low side like 5%.
Call CN or ask them on the ASK CN thread they can help u. But I am sure that this will solve your problem.

·
Owner of Racecoated
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hockeysf91 said:
Well fist of all u are more likely to get detonation with partial throttle. It’s not a good idea to boost with ½ throttle. What u could do is change the TH point so u switch to the high map faster and add some fuel on the low side like 5%.
Call CN or ask them on the ASK CN thread they can help u. But I am sure that this will solve your problem.
I'll run out to the car and write down all of my settings and post them in the "ask CN" thread. I'm sure you're right, I'm just not terribly comfortable with the SAFC yet.

Steve

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Just change the TH point. So like if its 10-50 change it to 10-40. See if that helps if not go to the low side and add fuel tell it stops detonating. U can ask Lee he would tell u a good setting to have it on to make sure its all good. :thumbsup:

:wavey:

By the way how do u like your SI on boost.:)

·
Owner of Racecoated
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hockeysf91 said:
Just change the TH point. So like if its 10-50 change it to 10-40. See if that helps if not go to the low side and add fuel tell it stops detonating. U can ask Lee he would tell u a good setting to have it on to make sure its all good. :thumbsup:

:wavey:

By the way how do u like your SI on boost.:)
I'll mess with that and see how it goes. Can you explain in detail the TH points? I know that they're %'s, but what are the details? (I'm such a noob at this, but I need to do this for myself and what I've found online is mediocre at best.)

I love my car. It's pretty damn fast. I just ordered some slicks and will hopefully be making a decent presesence for the car, CN, and my site. We'll see. :)

Steve

1 - 8 of 8 Posts