Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my 02 rsx base model(auto) for about three months I use sport mode more then D but lately now I’m not about to down shift every time I try to do it manually it won’t downshift but when I use the brake then it’ll slowing show them going down does anyone know what it could be if anyone knows of a solution please lmk

·
WILDCARD!
1,290 Posts
I had my 02 rsx base model(auto) for about three months I use sport mode more then D but lately now I’m not about to down shift every time I try to do it manually it won’t downshift but when I use the brake then it’ll slowing show them going down does anyone know what it could be if anyone knows of a solution please lmk
One solution here is to accept the fact that you have a slush-box transmission and stop shifting it manually.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I can’t answer the reason why it won’t downshift. But the slowing down and the gears going down Is normal.

I used to have an auto rsx and the reason the gears goes down as you break is because the computer is trying to downshift to the correct speed to match your rpms and speed. The car will NEVER stall because the computer won’t let it.

Also when you come to a stop sign you notice you don’t have to shift down/ neutral to prepare to stop. The car automatically puts it into neutral for you when your speed is 0.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I can’t answer the reason why it won’t downshift. But the slowing down and the gears going down Is normal.

I used to have an auto rsx and the reason the gears goes down as you break is because the computer is trying to downshift to the correct speed to match your rpms and speed. The car will NEVER stall because the computer won’t let it.

Also when you come to a stop sign you notice you don’t have to shift down/ neutral to prepare to stop. The car automatically puts it into neutral for you when your speed is 0.
Thanks that helps out

1 - 9 of 9 Posts