Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
...it's too big
23,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this should be in wheels/susp forum... but this is more of a "look" thing than anything, and figured it would get more views in here

Ok, im getting some rims really soon and i need some opinions, i only have about 800 to spend on wheels (not including tires)

im gonna post up a couple of pictures of my car, and the color so you get an idea what it will look like so people can give some better opinions...

Also im leaving the middle of the hood unpainted (painting the sides), and not painting the roof...

The wheels need to be ATLEAST 18x8.5, BUT i would prefer 19x9 (gunmetal with a polished lip, but i can always powder coat the middle if they arent already gunmetal)... i have a lot of room to fill in the wheel well

Here are my two main wheels choices.. if you are going to respond to this thread please post which of the two wheels you would get even if you have a suggestion for another wheel at or under 800 for all 4... like i said i REALLY want 19s so we will see what happens

heres the 2 pix of my car

Heres the color its going to be

·
Registered
867 Posts
i say the second ones...since your wide body, a rim with a fat lip is almost a necessity.

·
Premium Member
35,049 Posts
Bahhhh I hate the bolt pattern thingy inside the wheel. Please don't get anything with that pattern. :yawn:

·
Registered
184 Posts
I am sure the widebody and paint is costing you a fortune...so why only allow $800 for rims? I say do it right and get some Volks or something nice. Not a knockoff...I have nothing against ADR and such, but for a car that has had so much put into it why skimp on the wheels? But I do like your second choice
... :thumbsup:

·
...it's too big
23,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
WhoMikem said:
I am sure the widebody and paint is costing you a fortune...so why only allow $800 for rims? I say do it right and get some Volks or something nice. Not a knockoff...I have nothing against ADR and such, but for a car that has had so much put into it why skimp on the wheels? But I do like your second choice
... :thumbsup:
anddd the reason is...

crazy said:
"Skimp" on rims because so much was spent on the rest of the car
:D :driving:

also im jobless cuz the country club i work at is closed til april... and dont really have the time to get another job right now cuz im takin 20 credits in school, and only makin 500 a month on unemployment... which just about covers my car payment, insurance, cell phone bill and gas...

·
Registered
383 Posts
um just a suggestion but since you are going wide then I would go with a rim that has a little deeper than average lip OR a lip that stands out a little more like this these are 19's and I think they would look excellent

1 - 20 of 28 Posts