Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
still gotta work on my 60 ft but i ran at Gainesville Raceway this weekend for my 2nd time at the track.

Ran a 14.505 @96.33
R/T .510
60ft 2.307
330 6.254
1/8 9.440
MPH 77.02
1000 12.178
1/4 14.505
MPH 96.33

i'll go to my friends and try and post the slip. maybe even the video for any serious non beleivers

i ran a 14.55 after that and got called to tech. turns out i blew a radiator hose halfway down the track. Spewed coolant all over the place. Luckily i didnt over heat, but it was close. People hated me since the closed that lane for the rest of the night along with the whole track for like 2 hours. But it wasnt my fault....tools...

My friend and a fellow Type S owner helped me out with putting the hose back on. (Thanx Scott if ur on here)
Good guy

i'll go to my friends right now and post the slip...and try the video

i think i can hit 14.4 or maybe less with just that intake.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Seems like Gainesville Raceway is a good track. Your the second person in a couple days (that I know of) that came back with better then average times. Good job.

Did you get excessive wheel hop or something to cause your radiator hose to blow? Thats not normal.:nervous:

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah man bad wheel hop. but it was because the person who installed my new radiator (i was in an accident) didnt clamp the hose correctly.

Gville is great but most RSXs run 15s there...i have never run 15 sec ET. But i dont think i have a freak...anyone can run these times. Just need to shift faster than you blink.

I met a bunch of TeamDC5 peeps at towers when i visited. po9i lives up here in tallahassee with me. this Saturday they are having another track day at 10:30 am. Its a drive but hey...u'll run nice times. I'm supposed to drive someones type S with i/h/e and V-afc2. we'll see how it performs....stock tires :(

sorry about that jay i'll change it

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Ok, I know who you are. Your previous best was a 14.7 right? I was there at towers that night.

You and neil should look into starting a TeamDC5 chapter up there......Granted neil ever gets his shit to the track and actually runs good times.

·
Registered
24,665 Posts
spoon are you totally stock except for cai? that rocks!! you'll hit 13's w/ just cai and hondata :)

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Damn!!! nicely done, come race at Gateway International and you'll be beating the guys with Hondata #4 ;)

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
cfm VTEC said:
thats what a type S should do with just an intake :thumbsup:

nice run :)
i agree

i want that hondata...

if i gutted my car to make it almost 200 pounds lighter, take a crap, and get slicks...do you guys think 13.99999999 is possible with the perfect run?

i think its very possible...just very hard to acheive...i dunno what to take out...my doors or the hatch?

or will no one care...and i should just get the hondata

krystar- just the intake

Sunburn--- slam gears?... i'm gentle :D

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
SunBurn721 said:
actually i only slam the 1-2 shift because its the most crucial and most prone to missing, 2-3-4 i'm also gentle :biggrin:
i slam my gears all the same...3rd to 4th is the fastest shift.

video soon!

it has been made

1 - 20 of 38 Posts