Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
My RICE goes PSHHHH
66,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think it will take some time to get use to. Majority of the guys on the NASIOC.com love it! People outside Subaru ie. Autoblog aren't so in favor of it other than the improved gas mileage.

"Beneath the hood lies a brand-new 2.0-liter horizontally-opposed four-cylinder engine, which produces 148 horsepower and 145 pound-feet of torque. When paired with Subaru's new CVT, the Impreza achieves the aforementioned 36 mile per gallon highway fuel-economy rating, and also returns 27 mpg in the city. And though the 2012 Impreza occupies the same footprint as the model it replaces, the wheelbase has been pushed out an extra inch, which allows for more interior space yet no trunk room was compromised."

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/04/20/2012-subaru-impreza-new-york-2011/

The following pictures look SO MUCH better than the autoshow ones.

Looks like an OEM version of the Pioneer AVIC

For Full Size Subaru media pictures:
http://media.subaru.com/index.php?s=13&cat=171&mode=gallery

·
Hi Hater.
12,900 Posts
no

·
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
14,294 Posts
the guy at a subaru dealership i'm talking to is trying to tell me the 2012 wrx is going to be changing too...which i told him i thought the wrx/sti were staying the same for another year

·
(•_•) ( l :) (.-.) (: l )
12,876 Posts
That's the base model.

WRX will look much different. Pretty sweet MPG for it though.

·
My RICE goes PSHHHH
66,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the guy at a subaru dealership i'm talking to is trying to tell me the 2012 wrx is going to be changing too...which i told him i thought the wrx/sti were staying the same for another year
You sir are correct. This new model change will not receive the WRX/STi treatment until 2013.

I can't believe they got rid of projectors lol :face:

But I like the more aggressive front end when compared to the current base Impreza.

·
Sith Lord
3,746 Posts
looks like a hybrid child of the chevy cruise and the Subaru legacy...

·
My Kissy Face
2,485 Posts
loving the wagon

·
Hi Hater.
12,900 Posts
yeah

·
Expert Troll
25,774 Posts
um nasioc despises that car, not sure which nasioc you were on

personally I think its a step in the right direction, the current impreza gets almost the same mpg as the wrx which is awful for a 16 second car compact car..lol.

as far as looks, I think its fine, not sure what everyone is so upset about, it already looked like a corolla, just looks more aggressive now and not really much like a corolla. nazioc thinks anything that isnt a bugeye is ugly, I think their brains are sideways like our pistons

do car salesmen ever say anything true? seriously they are so ill informed about their products.

·
My RICE goes PSHHHH
66,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
um nasioc despises that car, not sure which nasioc you were on

personally I think its a step in the right direction, the current impreza gets almost the same mpg as the wrx which is awful for a 16 second car compact car..lol.

as far as looks, I think its fine, not sure what everyone is so upset about, it already looked like a corolla, just looks more aggressive now and not really much like a corolla. nazioc thinks anything that isnt a bugeye is ugly, I think their brains are sideways like our pistons
If you read all the posts in the News section up until April 22. Majority (so it could be 51%) of the members like it, but they do question the de-sizing of the motor.

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2131206

1 - 20 of 45 Posts