Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
WILDCARD!
2006 RSX Type-S
1,609 Posts
Oh hell nah. If I'm buying a new car and they are charging me $25-30k for a two door hatchback, I want all the tech I can get. Why would you buy a brand new car and want to have it drive like something that is 20 years old?

My wife got a 2019 Civic Sport and its pretty amazing how much tech they give you now for the money. Lane keep assist, adaptive cruise, accident avoidance are a must if you do daily driving and highway driving. Once you try it, its a very nice place to be. Granted, there is still plenty of road noise that reminds you that you're in a Civic but cars have come a long way. Also, if you just want to drive and get the experience, there is nothing stopping you from turning off all the accident avoidance tech.

Honestly, as long as they offer the new Integra as a 6 speed manual and 250+ HP, that's all the driving experience I need.
Hmmm? I don't think I said anything about not wanting tech in a new car? I think it was other folks saying they preferred older cars with less tech. I'm the same as you, if I'm buying a brand new car, I want all the latest tech, but for now the upgrades I've made to my RSX bring enough modern conveniences to deter me from spending money on a new car.

·
Registered
5 Posts
damn you're an original owner and you just joined now. welcome buddy and are you from massachusetts also?
Yes, original owner in Boston. RSX has about 70k miles, not driven too much as it is used as a backup for the larger family car. With both kids now in sports it is getting more use as wife and I sometimes have to drive to separate games.

Has factory spoiler and underbody kit, otherwise fully stock except for tech upgrades (Kenwood/Android Auto head unit, front/rear parking cameras, and LED headlights). NSX is too impractical, and my generation can't call a 4 door a sports car, so there never was anything better to consider upgrading to over the years.

I'll be buying the an Advance 2022 Integra assuming it has 2 doors and has tech in line with other current Advance models.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Along with a proper projector retrofit with a clearly defined cutoff line so you're not blinding other drivers, right?
Yes, fully retrofitted and meticulously aimed by a specialty installer. Brightest light that is street legal.

The truth is I got them more because I'm getting older and the stock lights weren't bright enough any more for me to see at night. That's why all the luxury SUVs these days (target audience: aging moms and dads) have LED lights.

·
Original Owner
2005 acura rsx type s
675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Yes, original owner in Boston. RSX has about 70k miles, not driven too much as it is used as a backup for the larger family car. With both kids now in sports it is getting more use as wife and I sometimes have to drive to separate games.

Has factory spoiler and underbody kit, otherwise fully stock except for tech upgrades (Kenwood/Android Auto head unit, front/rear parking cameras, and LED headlights). NSX is too impractical, and my generation can't call a 4 door a sports car, so there never was anything better to consider upgrading to over the years.

I'll be buying the an Advance 2022 Integra assuming it has 2 doors and has tech in line with other current Advance models.
Pics of car and I'm probably from your generation since I bought mine new also.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts