Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
61 - 80 of 88 Posts

WILDCARD!
2006 RSX Type-S
And just to be clear, I'm not saying that I wouldn't like to see a coupe version for the new Integra. I'm just saying I don't know why you guys had these expectations. This is exactly what I thought it would be...a sibling for the current gen Civic in Acura trim.

Registered
And just to be clear, I'm not saying that I wouldn't like to see a coupe version for the new Integra. I'm just saying I don't know why you guys had these expectations. This is exactly what I thought it would be...a sibling for the current gen Civic in Acura trim.
The closest thing they have to offer today that's an RSX is a Civic Si. Comes in 2 doors and is really just missing a glass hatch. But performance wise, luxury features and size, they are identical. Plus the Civic Si drives nearly as 'rough' or sporty as a 20 year old RSX, so I don't see the issue if that's what you're looking for.

It would be nice if they offered the Civic Hatchback with the Si powertrain. I mean, if you look at a Civic Hatchback now, it looks very similar to the integra teaser shots, so it looks like I'll be getting my wish after all :)

A 2 door coupe or hatchback is nice as a first car, when you're young with no kids. But as you get into your 30's, but you still want to have a manual and the extra space a hatchback gives you, making it a 4-door makes more sense and an easier sell.

WILDCARD!
2006 RSX Type-S
The closest thing they have to offer today that's an RSX is a Civic Si. Comes in 2 doors and is really just missing a glass hatch. But performance wise, luxury features and size, they are identical. Plus the Civic Si drives nearly as 'rough' or sporty as a 20 year old RSX, so I don't see the issue if that's what you're looking for.

It would be nice if they offered the Civic Hatchback with the Si powertrain. I mean, if you look at a Civic Hatchback now, it looks very similar to the integra teaser shots, so it looks like I'll be getting my wish after all :)

A 2 door coupe or hatchback is nice as a first car, when you're young with no kids. But as you get into your 30's, but you still want to have a manual and the extra space a hatchback gives you, making it a 4-door makes more sense and an easier sell.
Huh? There's no 2 door Si anymore. Hasn't been for a good while.

Registered
Huh? There's no 2 door Si anymore. Hasn't been for a good while.
Ehhhhh, they JUST got rid of it last year, so to say it hasn't been good for while when its only been a year is a bit of stretch to say "a while". I hear nothing but good things about the 9th and 10th gen Civic Si. So to say Honda has been keeping us DC5 owners in the dark isn't fair. Just because our cars have the Acura badge, doesn't make it an Acura in the typical modern sense. Our cars pretty much ride and sound like a Civic Si; especially when you compare it to a TL, TSX, RL, etc.

WILDCARD!
2006 RSX Type-S
Ehhhhh, they JUST got rid of it last year, so to say it hasn't been good for while when its only been a year is a bit of stretch to say "a while". I hear nothing but good things about the 9th and 10th gen Civic Si. So to say Honda has been keeping us DC5 owners in the dark isn't fair. Just because our cars have the Acura badge, doesn't make it an Acura in the typical modern sense. Our cars pretty much ride and sound like a Civic Si; especially when you compare it to a TL, TSX, RL, etc.
I mean, when did the last Si coupe come out? It's probably been a couple years now. I guess we have a different definition of "a while," and that's fine. I still stand by my expectations statement, though. Acura specifically hasn't offered a mass market coupe since the RSX, and there's currently no coupe option at all in Honda's overall lineup, so I'm not sure why anyone expected the new Integra would be anything but a sedan. It seems like this is basically a new ILX with a familiar nameplate attached to it.

Registered
I mean, when did the last Si coupe come out? It's probably been a couple years now. I guess we have a different definition of "a while," and that's fine. I still stand by my expectations statement, though. Acura specifically hasn't offered a mass market coupe since the RSX, and there's currently no coupe option at all in Honda's overall lineup, so I'm not sure why anyone expected the new Integra would be anything but a sedan. It seems like this is basically a new ILX with a familiar nameplate attached to it.
According to Wiki, the last gen to offer the Si as a coupe was 2020, so pretty much last year no? The RSX was discontinued in 2006 and Honda has been selling the Si since then.

Apart from the Acura badge, what makes an RSX an RSX?
  • K20 platform with 200+ HP?
  • 2 doors?
  • LSD?
  • 6 Speed Manual?

I'm not sure if the Civic Si ever came with leather seats or Bose stereo, but the only thing that the Civic Si didn't have was a glass hatch. Besides those differences, whether we want to admit it or not, our DC5's are more Honda than Acura. Sure the 10th gen got rid of the K platform in 2017 and went turbo, but that came at a 'cost' of 205 hp and 192 torque. What are you really looking for from Honda Acura besides the glass hatch and Acura badge? If you're coming from a RSX, going to a 9th gen Civic Si or even the 10th gen really isn't night and day.

Edit:
But to add to your last point, I agree. It's gonna be a 4 door hatch ILX with a manual, which sounds awesome. Hell, Honda could have pulled a Mitsubishi or a Ford and completely bastardize the integra name. At least they're keeping it a 6speed in 2021 with every going electric or crossover.

Original Owner
2005 acura rsx type s
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
pretty good points you guys have there. I honestly thought it was weird honda was discontinuing the si coupe last year but when I heard the integra name was coming back, I thought they were just rebadging the si coupe as an integra so they won't be competing with each other like back in 06.

WILDCARD!
2006 RSX Type-S
According to Wiki, the last gen to offer the Si as a coupe was 2020, so pretty much last year no? The RSX was discontinued in 2006 and Honda has been selling the Si since then.

Apart from the Acura badge, what makes an RSX an RSX?
  • K20 platform with 200+ HP?
  • 2 doors?
  • LSD?
  • 6 Speed Manual?

I'm not sure if the Civic Si ever came with leather seats or Bose stereo, but the only thing that the Civic Si didn't have was a glass hatch. Besides those differences, whether we want to admit it or not, our DC5's are more Honda than Acura. Sure the 10th gen got rid of the K platform in 2017 and went turbo, but that came at a 'cost' of 205 hp and 192 torque. What are you really looking for from Honda Acura besides the glass hatch and Acura badge? If you're coming from a RSX, going to a 9th gen Civic Si or even the 10th gen really isn't night and day.

Edit:
But to add to your last point, I agree. It's gonna be a 4 door hatch ILX with a manual, which sounds awesome. Hell, Honda could have pulled a Mitsubishi or a Ford and completely bastardize the integra name. At least they're keeping it a 6speed in 2021 with every going electric or crossover.
I wasn't ever disagreeing with you on the similarities between the RSX and Si coupe. They definitely existed in the same market niche. I was only ever questioning why people were expecting a coupe here. Current vehicle market in general, current Honda and Acura lineups, and Acura's history over the past decade or so told me to expect a sedan and be surprised if there's a coupe.

Registered
I felt sad on the debut video, all those awesome couples in its video history, then a new sedan. Again, hope it sells well to its customers, sedans just can't feel "sporty" to my generation.

That said, my 9-year-old said it looks so cool and wants us to "buy one if one of our other two acuras break down."

Registered
I felt sad on the debut video, all those awesome couples in its video history, then a new sedan. Again, hope it sells well to its customers, sedans just can't feel "sporty" to my generation.

That said, my 9-year-old said it looks so cool and wants us to "buy one if one of our other two acuras break down."
Yeah, it doesn't look sporty by any means. But a 4 door sedan with the 1.5L (assuming it the Civic Si powerplant) and a hatchback is a family man's dream. It looks unassuming but very clean.

Keep in mind, this is just the prototype, so who knows how the actual release will look like.

The guy said it will be in the $30K area, so its not too out of reach. I am happy they are giving me what I wanted but at the same time I wish they gave us more. I WANT to like this but its really just a ILX with a 6 speed with a glass hatch. Thats a good thing because for someone who is thinking of having kids, the 6 speed will keep me young...... but still...today 'me' having a K24 swapped RSX, you kind of mourn for your youth.

I'm sure if they offered this in a 4 and 2 doors, people would be more forthcoming to the coupe. Its a pretty car don't get me wrong. But when you compare it to a DC2 or DC5, you just want to tell the new Integra, "Get out of here, old man!"

But to end on a good note, it a 4 cylinder 6 speed, and we need to thankful of that. Imagine if they pulled a Mitsubishi and showed up with crossover or showed us an electric Ford Mustang? For 2022 standards, Acura did alright.

Registered
Straight garbage design.

I just KNEW I would be disappointed.

Keeping my RSX.

Where do they find these " designers " ?

Must be employed through nepotism.

=====

Well, at least Hyundai made a come-up on their re-vamp.

Registered
I think it鈥檚 alright, you can see some RSX in the rear. Aside from that though, it鈥檚 a rebadged civic with an available LSD. Unless the Type S makes a substantial amount of additional power, I鈥檇 rather get an Si...

Original Owner
2005 acura rsx type s
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
we were disappointed at work when we saw it live. even the old lady said it was ugly and she was glad she got the new rdx. let's not forget the honda integra scooter that was produce after the dc5 was discontinued.

Registered
I鈥檓 in (still). It鈥檚 just like how the Integra has always been 鈥 a sexier Civic. I could see myself moving from my 鈥17 Civic hatch to this. (besides, the 鈥22 Civics are just sooooo blah)

It also has room for a Type-R or -S version, so don鈥檛 dismiss it completely yet.

WILDCARD!
2006 RSX Type-S
TBH, I don't hate it. As others have pointed out, the Integra has pretty much always been a sportier and/or (depending on the generation and trim level) more upscale alternative to the Civic, and it's always shared at the very least components if not nearly a full chassis with the Civic. And seeing as the Civic is currently sedan & 5 door hatch only (and considering the current auto market overall), it's not surprising that they've gone with a 5 door hatch design here. The back end looks decently sporty, and I don't mind the front end. Yeah, it's got that modern Acura look, but they've toned it down to the point of being sporty versus the trying too hard to be upscale look that some of the recent Acura sedans have had.

And if the base model is getting the Si engine plus LSD plus Brembos (assuming the production car will have them, it might not), that's honestly not a bad package. And presumably they'll be a Type-S version (I'm guessing Type-S because it seems like that's what Honda is doing now...Honda brand gets Type-R and Acura brand gets Type-S as evidenced by the NSX) which will probably have a CTR type drivetrain. Meh...I'm okay with it. Probably not going to buy one, but I'm not disappointed with what was presented. It's exactly what I thought it would be.

Registered
Now that I've slept on it, I keep seeing this. I still don't think it looks bad, but it's disappointing that they decided to call it an Integra just to capitalize on the name. The Crosstour's sales numbers continuously dropped since it was introduced and I see the same thing happening with the Integra.

Registered
Just horrible.

The fact that they have to plaster a big Integra decal on it just so it can be identified.

Reminds me of the OLD Batman series from the 60's when they had to label the bat computer " bat computer ".

We SHOULD already know what it is without a big sign on it.

But we don't because it looks nothing like an Integra or an RSX.

=====

First it was the Supra, then the Nissan Z, now it's the Toyota 86 and the " Integra ".

Just horrible, boring and UNDER-whelming.

The the yellow with the grill looks like a
" happy emoji ".

And we just found who the lead designer is . . .

61 - 80 of 88 Posts