Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I like it. http://www.worldcarfans.com/9080821.002/rendered-speculation-nissan-240fairlady-z

The Nissan Z-cars usually refers to the sportscars manufactured by the brand, this range currently only has one occupant in the form of the 350Z. We already know this model will go slightly upmarket with its new 3.7 liter engine which will see the model renamed as 370Z, thus it leaves a large enough gap in its portfolio to launch a new model.

An entry level rear-wheel-drive sportscar has been stuck in the rumour mill over the last couple of years and these new renderings from Polish designer Iacoski are only likely to stimulate the discussions once again.

Iacoski's love of the old Fairlady inspired him to create a new modern version, the long front bonnet, short rear end and smooth curvaceous roof profile clearly pays homage to the series. Obviously recent Nissan design styles have influenced the renderings, we can clearly see a front fascia mimicking the design of the GT-R.

EDIT: added an old skool pic of a 240z for comparison.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts
That looks HORRIBLE, like some GTR fanboi got ahold of Photoshop.

·
I fight for the SYSTEM
18,625 Posts
240 was a 2 seater as well, it would be a reincarnation of the 260 2+2 if it seated 4.

damn i want to sell my 300ZX and get a nice 240 to cruise in :(

·
I fight for the SYSTEM
18,625 Posts
Dude you should. My friend has a 300ZX and he has a 240 project.

...well honestly, I don't remember if its a 240.
i had a bunch of 1g RX-7's and a 280ZX Turbo but i always wanted the quintessential japanese sports car, a 240Z and swap in a VG30DET from the Z31 300ZX turbo's.

instead i bought a '90 Z32 twin turbo that needs almost as much work restoratively and i have no time anymore :(

·
EJ25 FTW
65,259 Posts
240 was a 2 seater as well, it would be a reincarnation of the 260 2+2 if it seated 4.

damn i want to sell my 300ZX and get a nice 240 to cruise in :(
260 was just 74, and the 2+2 went on after the 260z to the 280z, but yes it would be similar (though doesn't the altima coupe sorta fit the bill for a nissan 2+2 coupe?)

they should do this though. The z, itself, was supposed to be a cheap sports car, and the 370z is just getting more pricey (like the days of the 260z, 280z, 280zx, 300zx).

though, the z in japan is called the fairlady z. But whatever, I like this concept more than the 370z.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I'm lost here on topsecret site it showed a different picture than this one.. It was a picture of and updated 350z with different headlights (Not sure about the back). Can anyone tell what's the real concept of the 370z please. Also is it 4 seat?

·
I fight for the SYSTEM
18,625 Posts
I'm lost here on topsecret site it showed a different picture than this one.. It was a picture of and updated 350z with different headlights (Not sure about the back). Can anyone tell what's the real concept of the 370z please. Also is it 4 seat?
the 370 is coming out as a 2 seater with no confirmed pics yet, insiders say new maxima style headlights.

·
Registered
25,279 Posts
i love it

oh and 240sx crew checkin in

·
Registered
15,360 Posts
i <3 300ZX's

and even the old 240's, but not feeling this one so much. too gtr-like

1 - 20 of 47 Posts