Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Central PA AMSOIL dealer
5,586 Posts
buy a current Si sedan and mod it up to TypeR spec. it'll be done, i'm sure. trunk lid and tail lights are different, front bumper and headlights are different too.

·
Central PA AMSOIL dealer
5,586 Posts
what the hell man... whats up with this 4 door bullshit nonsense.
that's how they roll in Japan. most all of their Civic's are 4 doors, I don't think they even offer a Coupe other then making a hatchback. Integra was basically the Coupe of cars for Honda Japan, but now they've phased that out too.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Coupe > Sedan in terms of looks.
Sedan > Coupe in terms of passengers comfort.

But why take more than one person with you? Kids FTL. lol I'll take looks.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
ya kno i was thinkin....

europe and japan got shafted completely with the new civic type-r when it comes to looks. the usdm civic si coupe is by far the best looking civic in this generation of the civic (in my opinion of course). the looks of the japanese civic type-r sedan makes it look more powerful than it is (think wrx, evo) and the hatchback for europe just looks like an egg.

·
Mangekyou Sharingan!
2,433 Posts
ya kno i was thinkin....

europe and japan got shafted completely with the new civic type-r when it comes to looks. the usdm civic si coupe is by far the best looking civic in this generation of the civic (in my opinion of course). the looks of the japanese civic type-r sedan makes it look more powerful than it is (think wrx, evo) and the hatchback for europe just looks like an egg.
nah that 4 door >>> US SI :bow:

·
Registered
528 Posts
how is that car attractive? the headlights look like its straight off the discontinued saturn ion and the tail lights are wanna be passat. and that wing is absolutely absurd. honda needs to get its act together and bring back the 2dr/coupe type r and get its head out of europe's ass and make cars that they are capable of.

·
Central PA AMSOIL dealer
5,586 Posts
how is that car attractive? the headlights look like its straight off the discontinued saturn ion and the tail lights are wanna be passat. and that wing is absolutely absurd. honda needs to get its act together and bring back the 2dr/coupe type r and get its head out of europe's ass and make cars that they are capable of.
4 doors are actually better track performers due to chassis rigidity. looks are your opinion, lots of people like it, lots won't........it's that way with all cars.

·
Registered
528 Posts
4 doors are actually better track performers due to chassis rigidity. looks are your opinion, lots of people like it, lots won't........it's that way with all cars.[/QUOTE

So a 4 door M5 is going to outperform a Corvette Z06 or a 911 Carrera S on a track, eh ? That's the assumption you are giving me. Why on earth would car manufacturers produce their top end sports cars with four doors?? Four doors equal extra mass, i.e doors, seats, windows, etc. You my friend also have your head up Europe's ass.:laughat:

·
Central PA AMSOIL dealer
5,586 Posts
4 doors are actually better track performers due to chassis rigidity. looks are your opinion, lots of people like it, lots won't........it's that way with all cars.[/QUOTE

So a 4 door M5 is going to outperform a Corvette Z06 or a 911 Carrera S on a track, eh ? That's the assumption you are giving me. Why on earth would car manufacturers produce their top end sports cars with four doors?? Four doors equal extra mass, i.e doors, seats, windows, etc. You my friend also have your head up Europe's ass.:laughat:
wait a sec, since when did the world consider the freakin Honda Civic a "top end sports car"? talk about having your head up an ass. 4 doors equal more structural rigidity in your everyday run of the mill car (AKA Honda Civic). you're comparing apples to oranges. Mitsu Evo has been known to outhandle Z06 Vettes and 911's on smaller tracks, so don't act as if sedans are not well known in the performance world. learn to quote too moron.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.