Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Went to start the car this morning, step on the petal and there's nothing. The petal was just flopping around. I assume I need a new clutch. . I'm sure aftermarket ones are comparible in price as what the dealership will want. Where you guys getting parts - clutches-from these days? Possible master cylinder issue?

·
Doesn't Give A F*ck
20,301 Posts
So you can push the clutch down and it comes back up? Any air noises?

Or does it stick to the floor? Check your fluids and touch around the pedal area for leaks inside and outside in the bay

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll have to check when I'm back in Canada. In SoCal now. But the petal was going down with no pressure and not coming back up

·
Doesn't Give A F*ck
20,301 Posts
Sounds like a cmc. Just get the em2 cmc, pass on the acura OEM one. Has flaws.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Definatley low on fluid. The reservoir doesn't have enough in it to even come out the line any more. I'll probably change out both while I'm in there and the system is bleed any ways.

I might go with the Honda one without the triangle piece of Acura one - I need to look model number. Anyone try the Honda one?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I took a peek under the hood. Looks like it's coming from CMC. There's only two of the three bolts left on the triangle piece.

For any others looking for prices, the dealership's are 46920-S5A-G06 for $185, 46930-S7C-E02 for $75.

·
Doesn't Give A F*ck
20,301 Posts
Yep. That's what happened to mine

Heard a loud pop and looked.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Fixed. Hardest part was getting the stupid tube on the bleeder nipple of the CSC. the Civic CMC feels a lot better.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts