Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 1419 Posts

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
IPS-K2
Maximum performance street application camshafts for the Honda K20A(2).

Intrinsic Performance Solutions, Inc. is pleased to introduce IPS-K2 camshafts for Honda K-series enthusiasts. Fully engineered and designed at the OEM level, IPS-K2 cams feature extensive and complete valve motion analysis. Additionally, IPS-K2 camshafts possess the most lift per degree within its market segment and provide superior valvetrain stability - implementing advanced pipe tuning which harnesses the ability to retain an OEM valve spring combination. The benefit is two-fold:
· Lower total cost of ownership (TCO)
· Genuine Honda factory reliability

IPS-K2 camshafts are precision manufactured to the highest quality. All lobes are micro-polished to a brilliant and functional finish. IPS-K2 cams have been developed and proven through comprehensive dyno testing on both Dynapack and Dynojet chassis dynomometers.

Specifications:

Intake - duration (lift)
· low speed lobe: 253 (9.25mm)
· high speed lobe: 302 (13.28mm)

Exhaust - duration (lift)
· low speed lobe: 246 (8.10mm)
· high speed lobe: 295 (11.84mm)

The above dynapack chart reflects the gains realized over stock with:
- IPS-K2 camshafts
- PRC intake manifold w/bored TB and Hondata IMG
- Prototype Racing CAI
- DC Race Header
- 5 Zigen catback
- Hondata K-Pro

The following dynojet charts were obtained with the same mods in both actual and sae corrected graphs.

This next graph isolates gains seen with the PRC combo vs. PRB (stock Type-S) manifolds.

Lastly, this is a dynojet chart that compares the new minimal setup vs. old setup with almost twice the number of mods:

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Diggs said:
how many hours of k pro tuning was done on the above set up? is there room for higher numbers with more tuning. price?
Hard to estimate. We've been testing since the first week of November - I originally intended to announce preliminary results at SEMA. With the installed mods on this particular RSX-S, there are some areas that are not fully optimized, but the intent here was to portray what could be expected from readily available off the shelf parts and experienced tuning. The short answer is yes. I believe there is power left to be found. However based on the data collected, we are approaching the limits of the peripheral components. Namely - intake manifold, header and exhaust. Overall, I'm pleased with the results so far and feel relieved to finally be able to back up what I've contended for such a long time.

Price will be announced at a later date. Will have to go through proper channels and have a discussion with Chris Dye to formally announce pricing and availibility here on the forums.

-Ron

·
Registered
715 Posts
so what RPM can you shift safely for those cams?
are those cams strong enough to go 9krpm all day?

WOW! for these mods:
- IPS-K2 camshafts
- PRC intake manifold w/bored TB and Hondata IMG
- Prototype Racing CAI
- DC Race Header
- 5 Zigen catback
- Hondata K-Pro
hitting 238whp is a big thing :D

edo whats your new company?

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
DC5SLEEP3R said:
will there be a flash or kpro cal available for people who purchase these cams??
These cams require precise tuning for supporting mods. So unfortunately it means that there will most likely not be a reflash. The good news is that we've developed distinct calibrations for:

- cams alone, stock rsx-s (worth 30hp as measured on dynapack!)
- cams + DCRH/catback
- cams + DCRH/catback + CAI
- cams + DCRH/catback/CAI + PRC

I'll have to refrain from officially stating whether or not these calibrations will be provided at no charge until everything has been finalized. I can say that this is definitely the way I envision it playing out.

-Ron

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
ƒ£‡Þ-Ю‡ƒ† said:
so what RPM can you shift safely for those cams?
are those cams strong enough to go 9krpm all day?

edo whats your new company?
The cams have been designed to run safely with an OEM valvespring combination to 8400rpm. This route was taken in order to maintain a fair price of admission and to complement stock component power potential and preserve relative reliability. We have learned through experience that the stock bottom end cannot withstand sustained high rpm use without literally exploding the cast piston.

Cams are not the weak link. With the appropriate fortification in valvetrain, pistons and rods - they are definitely capable for high rpm usage assuming proper induction and exhaust is up for the task. It seems even the PRC manifold is insufficient in stock form to make peak power past 8200. There is another OEM manifold that works quite nicely, but has fitment issues with the RSX-S hood.

IPS, Inc. - Intrinsic Performance Solutions. Its in the third line of the announcement.

http://www.intrinsicperformance.com

-Ron

·
Registered
715 Posts
oh okay. sorry, i didnt even see that. so are you guys going to sell bottom end that can withstand higher RPM?

i tried to google Intrinsic Performance Solutions if you have a site but i cant find any. if you guys do have a site please post it here.

[/QUOTE]There is another OEM manifold that works quite nicely, but has fitment issues with the RSX-S hood.
what is that oem manifold?
how come it has fitment issues with the rsx-s hood?
what did you guys do to make it fit?

thanks

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
ƒ£‡Þ-Ю‡ƒ† said:
so are you guys going to sell bottom end that can withstand higher RPM?

what is that oem manifold?
how come it has fitment issues with the rsx-s hood?
what did you guys do to make it fit?
Yes.
RBC
Not intended for DC5
Didn't try yet and have no immediate plans to do so until the other upcoming aftermarket intake manifolds have been tested.

-Ron

·
Skepticism Extraodinaire
4,162 Posts
Nice.................

·
Ur Post Count Means Nada!
4,510 Posts
Awesome after all the waiting they are finally here.
Those base maps would be very very very helpful to people, i mean they are starting block of any tuning that is going to be done. After seeing how much money the guy who got the crower stage 2 3/4 cams has to shell out in order to get them running efficiently, having a calibration with these cams to start from would be a GIGANTIC plus... you already know that.
From what i gather the thing limiting power is the amount of air being able to take in. Are you guys looking to develop an Intake Manifold? Have you tried your cams out with ITB's yet?
Hope for more news on these cams in the coming days, weeks.
-Jalal

1 - 20 of 1419 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.