Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Beantown is comin Cali
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well me and Bigcity hit up Epping NH tonight, took my car :D
First time this year and I beat my old record (15.1) from last year to 14.8 :D :D :D and all I added was exhaust. We got there and it was sunny, first run banged a 14.8. Me start was ok, some spin and hop but did good. Then waiting to go again a turbo intedra fucked something up and spewwed oil down the track. So an hour later....the went down and 45 degrees out. My launched sucked ass and i was pulling 15.2's :eek: :( . I don't know what happened but the track was so slippery my wheels were spinning so much i could not grab another 14. it sucked!!!
But im happy :thumbsup: .

I need help on my launcehs. The first time i reved at 3k and ghot the 14.8. The others were at 2500 and i got 15.2's. does that sound right to anyone?

Well heres the slip to prove it.

Attachments

·
Beantown is comin Cali
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Heres my buddies cobra mustang with a super changer and lots of other goodies. He dyno'd at over 700 WHP. He was running mid 12's at about 130 mph.

Attachments

·
Beantown is comin Cali
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
me :)

Attachments

·
Beantown is comin Cali
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
EBP-RSX-S said:
Nice:thumbsup:
Can't wait to go there. I see on the last pic a lot of cars. Was it that packed? When is the next time you guys going up there? I might be going up with shaggy soon. Anyways, did you happen to see a 97 red bmw m3 up there?
Later
It wasn't that packed, the lanes were full for a few hours then it was downn to 4 lanes.. did not see a red m3 :( im gonna try to go next friday, but it gets more packed in the summer. i got there at 6:00pm and with checking in and all and the hour wait casue the teg that sprayed oil on the track i got 4 runs in by 9:15.

·
Beantown is comin Cali
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
RSX S NJ said:
I figured a 700whp car would run faster than that? No traction?:dontknow:
ya the track sucked for traction, every time he shifted his rear end was pulling sideways. his car is dam loud. wed he said he ran a 12.1.

the cold sucks for traction, and it needs more rubber on the track.

·
Heads/Cam > Head/Cams
3,480 Posts
RSX S NJ said:
I figured a 700whp car would run faster than that? No traction?:dontknow:
Yeah, with a trap speed of 130, his ET's will get way faster :eek: .

·
Registered
6 Posts
I was also there at epping that night, nice runs, looked pretty good.

The car that spilt the oil was actually a turbo prelude, it belongs to a friend of a friend, guess it normally runs high 12 - low 13s.

Kermit's car (the cobra) was quite impressive, but the traction sucked and he was on street tires. I love that mustang, looks completly stock from the outside, until you notice the huge hose for the fuel :)

I cant wait till i swap my engine in my subie, then maybe ill have a car worth racing, lol. Good work on those times, hopefully more RSX will show up as the seasons goes on.

~Chris
(i may be new to posting, but ive been lurking for a year or two now :D)

·
Beantown is comin Cali
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
sk8freak01 said:
I was also there at epping that night, nice runs, looked pretty good.

The car that spilt the oil was actually a turbo prelude, it belongs to a friend of a friend, guess it normally runs high 12 - low 13s.

Kermit's car (the cobra) was quite impressive, but the traction sucked and he was on street tires. I love that mustang, looks completly stock from the outside, until you notice the huge hose for the fuel :)

I cant wait till i swap my engine in my subie, then maybe ill have a car worth racing, lol. Good work on those times, hopefully more RSX will show up as the seasons goes on.

~Chris
(i may be new to posting, but ive been lurking for a year or two now :D)
Hey did I meet you? Are you a friend of Steves? I was hangin around the cobra abit when i wasn't racing. ya his car is very impressive, hes told me all about it, finally got to see it. its so dam loud!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Naw, i didnt get to meet you. My friend was the one in the Black S4 with the S8 mirrors and the RS4 bumper that ran a 14.1 without a launch :) (it was right after the tree in the right lane stopped working, and they started running singles)

Are you going to be going to Import Wars this sat? If the weather holds up, it should be quite an impressive show. A couple friends of mine are going, one of them has a BPU++ Supra.

Its frustrating about the weather though, I checked three different webpages and all of them said something different, lol.

There should be a good turnout though, I guess its a big show from what i heard in the past. The best thing is that there wont be so many old pickup trucks, like there was Friday night.

If you are going to go, ill keep an eye out for your RSX. Its still one of my favorite cars, if I hadnt gotten the deal I did on my Audi I think it would have been the car I purchased.

~Chris

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
we got a dyno meet that day but a bunch of us are heading up to the track on friday night. That prelude looked like it was going to shit the bed right from the launch.

·
Beantown is comin Cali
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
sk8freak01 said:
Naw, i didnt get to meet you. My friend was the one in the Black S4 with the S8 mirrors and the RS4 bumper that ran a 14.1 without a launch :) (it was right after the tree in the right lane stopped working, and they started running singles)

Are you going to be going to Import Wars this sat? If the weather holds up, it should be quite an impressive show. A couple friends of mine are going, one of them has a BPU++ Supra.

Its frustrating about the weather though, I checked three different webpages and all of them said something different, lol.

There should be a good turnout though, I guess its a big show from what i heard in the past. The best thing is that there wont be so many old pickup trucks, like there was Friday night.

If you are going to go, ill keep an eye out for your RSX. Its still one of my favorite cars, if I hadnt gotten the deal I did on my Audi I think it would have been the car I purchased.

~Chris
ya im heading to the dyno meet saturday, but i will be up there friday night.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts