Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a base 2002 Rsx and would like to know what are the first steps to take to make my Rsx faster?
I've heard of ECU upgrades, like stage 2,3,4, but im wondering is there a super/turbo charger for a base RSX? Being a college student im kinda strapped for cash, but im hoping i will win the lottery later this week!!

Thanks for the replies!

·
Registered
49 Posts
CruzenMyRsxFx said:
I have a base 2002 Rsx and would like to know what are the first steps to take to make my Rsx faster?
I've heard of ECU upgrades, like stage 2,3,4, but im wondering is there a super/turbo charger for a base RSX? Being a college student im kinda strapped for cash, but im hoping i will win the lottery later this week!!

Thanks for the replies!
yup there r turbos for base.

id say get hondata(ecu flash) and intake for starters. that should be around $700+

·
I Heart Kelly Clarkson
232 Posts
Hey and first off, welcome to the forums! :thumbsup:

The first modification most people make to their RSX (whether it be a Type S or Base) is a Cold Air Intake. Injen is usually the preferred intake because you don't have to move the windshield washer tank to the other side of the car like with the AEM. Injen also supplies you with a smaller tank to fit in place of the stock one. While some people may say that you should get an exhaust or header next, I would say go for an ECU upgrade. Currently, the only one on the market that's been proven time and time again is Hondata. After these two modifications, you should probably get a race header and/or exhaust to increase air flow if you haven't already.

In terms of turbocharging and supercharging, I don't know much but I believe it is possible to fit a GReddy turbo kit onto a Base RSX. Cybernation is also another good choice to go for if you want a turbo-ed base. I remember reading a while back that the Jacking Racing Supercharger would eventually come out for our cars but I haven't heard anything from that camp. Perhaps someone else may chime in and tell you more.

Either way, enjoy the forums and your car!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
another question

Hey,first off, thanks for the replies,second, if i upgrade the ECu with hondata or whatever,will it affect my emmissions and warranty?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey guys, I'm a newb here too. Glad I found this thread because I just installed an Injen CAI, and was thinkin about my next mod.
I'm also psyched, Icy & Wannabe, that you guys think Hondata is the next best step. It's what I'm leanin toward, and is kinda what I was hopin to hear. I just wasn't sure if there was any particular order of mods necessary to be had before tuning the ECU, given that Hondata is geared for I/H/E.
Thanks for the info bro

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
no, hondata will not afffect emissions whatsoever. as for warranty, well obviously if u rev over the factory redline, it's going to void the warranty, but otherwise, hondata is not detectable by acura scan tools.

rush, yeah, i'd prolly go with hondata after intake. as for it being "geared" for i/h/e, it's not. sure, they ask for which ones u have on teh crsx order form, but tehy don'y program for header or exhaust. tey only program for your intake.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts