Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
O-O-O-Oversteer
3,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i decided to debadge my car and i knew it was repainted but i assumed it was done well. i got the badges off and the shop who did it obiously sucked because they didn't take off any of the badges. anyway there is basiclly like acura and rsx and type s written in paint chips.i can't stand this so i am going to get it painted. it should cost around 350 dollars. i was wondeing what a new hatch or a carbon fiber one would cost. ik carbon fiber is alot more. i think it looks ok... is it that much lighter? like could i even tell a dif? thanks. ....searched no luck

·
EJ25 FTW
65,259 Posts
he means look up the price of one on google. There you can find a vendor who sells em. They will be lighter than stock, but youll probably loose some of the integrity of the hatch, and the fitment will never be perfect (original is always gonna fit better)

·
yup
7,574 Posts
did you just ask what google was?

wtf?

·
Registered
290 Posts
he's from Nebraska. I heard they just got the internet last week :thumbsup:
lol.... Put some honda badges on there. CF hatch probably save 10lbs or more, but doesnt come with glass. Even a used hatch would cost you about a thousand.

·
Retired OG
100,341 Posts
i decided to debadge my car and i knew it was repainted but i assumed it was done well. i got the badges off and the shop who did it obiously sucked because they didn't take off any of the badges. anyway there is basiclly like acura and rsx and type s written in paint chips.i can't stand this so i am going to get it painted. it should cost around 350 dollars. i was wondeing what a new hatch or a carbon fiber one would cost. ik carbon fiber is alot more. i think it looks ok... is it that much lighter? like could i even tell a dif? thanks. ....searched no luck
$642, did you even look before making this post??

http://www.clubrsx.com/cr/SBN-TL0204ACRSX-p-EAT.html

·
EJ25 FTW
65,259 Posts
btw, the carbon fiber will probably just look cool (if the car is done to match the style), but you wont really feel the weight. Also, you said it was $<400 to paint your hatch vs 650 for a cf hatch, which youll also need to pay someone to move your back window to that new hatch.

·
NYC Is In My Veins...
1,690 Posts
most expensive debadge... EVAR!

·
NYC Is In My Veins...
1,690 Posts
i'm usually against honda badges, but this is one instance where i'd say go for it

·
Mugennnnnn!
9,638 Posts
carbon hatch plus FAL lexan windows equals super light sweetness...just no radio antenna, good bye rear wiper, not DOT approved, have to run all of your wires through sharp edged carbon/fiberglass, need to transfer all of your seals, and finally have a professional install it so it lines up decently but never like it did from the factory. That's how I'd spend my thousand bucks woot!

·
O-O-O-Oversteer
3,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
he's from Nebraska. I heard they just got the internet last week :thumbsup:
haha. i was kidding about the google thing. and nebraska sucks i'm not gonna try to defend it. i did acctally put the h on the back but i dont like the integra and type r badges .... i guess i'll just get it painted i didnt' think about getting the window moved thanks...some of you

1 - 20 of 21 Posts