Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought an 05 rsx, only problem with the car is all the lights flash until you turn the headlights on, you can drive the car but the security light blinks and when you turn it off and turn the headlights off all the lights will blink until the battery dies... Any advice? First jap car lol new to anything newer then like early 90s, picked this up for 1000$

Attachments

·
Registered
263 Posts
Good looking vehicle. You got a steal by the looks of it.

In response to your query... I have no idea what's going on there. I am sure that some individuals on here, much more seasoned than I, can help to answer that question.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, it's got 200k on it but it's clean lol, sitting on TSW wheels, just gotta figure out the security issue or whatever it is

·
Registered
250 Posts
turn car off and use your key to unlock/lock the doors. (Like literally stick key in key hole on the door) it sounds like you may have aftermarket alarm as well as OEM alarm and they clashing. I had same issue with my RSX years ago when I got it. Hopefully your issue is same.

·
I can get that for you
775 Posts
Does the car look stock? Or like it’s been modified at all? Security/alarm issues suck. Any car I ever had I cut the wires to any aftermarket alarm they are worthless. Unless it’s like a dope viper alarm or something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
250 Posts
Lol I definitely wouldn't have thought the battery to be the cause but nonetheless good thing you fixed it and didn't have to do much digging or experimenting to find out the cause of issue.

·
Registered
263 Posts
You wouldn't believe what it was ... It was going off because the battery was dead
I am not totally surprised, many after market alarm systems have a fail safe so that if someone cuts the power, to break into the car, it will set off the alarm. Glad it was an easy fix for you and nothing major or expensive.

Again, welcome.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts