Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Tarzan
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My girlfriend and I were riding back to my house, when i noticed what appeared to be a new white Mustang GT (It had dual exhaust) with those blue stripes. He was speeding and switching lanes aggresively, so i decided to catch up. I lined up next to him going about 60 and put it in third. We both WOT and his car whines and pulls about 2 cars by the time we hit 100. I figured a v6 supercharged would pull harder. :laughing: I thought it was a GT500 when i heard the whine, but it was too slow. :dontknow:

-Girlfriend and I
-Mustang v6 supercharge only pull 2 cars (he was in car by himself)
-Disapointed, thought he'd be faster
-mods in sig

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
If it was a GT and S/C it should be running 11's. I've seen some of the blown V6's do low 13's though I haven't seen a twin screw or roots blower for them so I'm not sure why it would be whining.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I think either the new shelbys or cobras or maybe even GT's have s/c. I can't remember off the top of my head, I think they we're GT's, like 20 of them at a car show.

·
Registered
4,362 Posts
I think either the new shelbys or cobras or maybe even GT's have s/c. I can't remember off the top of my head, I think they we're GT's, like 20 of them at a car show.
GT=4.6 V8, 300hp
Shelby GT500 = Supercharged 5.4 V8, 500hp

·
Fastest BUILT car on CRSX
2,004 Posts
You got beat by a bolt on N/A V6, congrats.

·
Absolute Pro-Formance
15,515 Posts
nubhat.

·
Tarzan
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Okay flamers chill out. I said it looked like a mustang GT because it had dual exhaust, it was night I couldn't see well. I said it sounded like a Gt500 because of the supercharger whine, but I knew it wasn't. I asked the guy if it was supercharged and it was. It was a V6 supercharged mustang

·
Tarzan
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
He was fast. faster than me. It was rainy and maybe it was a low psi setup and he didn't know how to drive.

·
Tarzan
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ts please stop you have no idea what you are talking about, and it never happened
You sir are an idiot. and the next two posts are just worthless. Just read the story it makes sense and I put notes at the bottom for idiots like you guys

·
Tarzan
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
If it was a GT and S/C it should be running 11's. I've seen some of the blown V6's do low 13's though I haven't seen a twin screw or roots blower for them so I'm not sure why it would be whining.
The whine was faint, but apparent. I'm not too sure what it was, but I heard a very obvious F/I application on the car. He said it was a supercharger, but didn't tell me what kind :dontknow:

·
Tarzan
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
did it have cutouts on both sides of the bumper for the dual exhaust?
I didn't see any cutouts, it was just a dual exhaust. It wasn't that loud so I am assuming it didn't have cutouts

·
My VTEC goes mmmmBAAAHHH!
211 Posts
I didn't see any cutouts, it was just a dual exhaust. It wasn't that loud so I am assuming it didn't have cutouts
uhhh... why would cut outs in the bumper effect how loud an exhaust was? :ugh:

·
staxx
814 Posts
uhhh... why would cut outs in the bumper effect how loud an exhaust was? :ugh:
i dno..i was just asking cause the V6 mustangs don't have bumper cutouts for exhaust, the GT's do..but we already decided it was a V6 anyways so it wouldn't have them

1 - 20 of 54 Posts