Acura RSX, ILX and Honda EP3 Forum banner

new owner of a 06 tsx!!!

Tags
owner tsx
1K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  MuGeN PoWeR's Bro 
#1 ·
hey guys.. well i just got a 06 tsx.. im pretty excited about it.. i use to have a 03 rsx type s.. sold that and got a 04 sti.. which i still have and im trying to sell.. but i found a 06 tsx locally w/ 15k miles that i got for $24k which i think is an ok deal.. its a non nav though but im happy.. its silver and an automatic.. which i havent had an auto since i was 16, damn that was 10 years ago! :eek: anyways im sure some of you are like "why the hell for from an stI to a auto tsx?".. well, i just wanted somthing more of a commuter car.. and i think the tsx fits what i wanted.. good on gas, sporty looking, has a good aftermarket selection and not bad on price..
so as far as my plans for it.. well i dont wanna go to extreme.. im planning on getting the oem body/lip kit.. i like how they come pre painted and the fit is perfect.. of course im gonna tint the windows and probably add a remote start and security system to it.. i also may do the a-spec suspension sometime soon.. seems like it gives it a nice stance and the price isnt bad either.. i also wanna get a hondata reflash and possibly the comptech ice box.. maybe a header who knows.. my intentions when i got this car wasnt to have a power house.. been there done that. its fun but its costly and sucks gas. i would just like to give the car a little more hp's.. maybe some stereo stuff but again, nothing extreme and not anytime soon.. last but not least i wanna get some new tires and wheels.. 2 of the wheels have been curbed and that drives me crazy! so i will use them for winter wheels..
now i get the car tomorrow and the first thing i wanna do is change the oil.. i always used the hamp oil filters in my rsx so i wanna use them in my tsx too.. but ive noticied that there are 2 diffirent kinds/model numbers.. which one works with the tsx? i also will be using amsoil or i may use the german made castrol syntec (0w30 i think).. ive heard good stuff about it in the sti world plus you can get it at autozone..
so if you guys have any opinions or thoughts shoot them at me.. im all ears..

See less See more
#3 ·
thats funny.. pretty much what a lot of people say.. but i have my reasons for doing this.. most importantly is money.. im at the point that if i wanna get more power in the sti (which i do) then it will cost an easy $5000 to do a complete turbo upgrade *correctly*.. and then if the motor goes it would be another easy $5000 to replace the block etc.. i dont have that kind of cash.. plus i dont have a beater to drive to work in when im upgradeing my car or if it breaks down etc.. i really just drive this car to work everyday which kills me cause that is not what the car was built for, know what i mean? plus im saving $200 every 6 months on insurance and not to mention the gas money!..
will i miss the power and awd? yes, but i missed my rsx when i sold it as far as comfort, gas saver etc.. so having the power and handling is nice but i guess im just getting old.. i will get somthing later for power, not sure yet but im not even thinking about that right now.. besided im starting to like the whole VIP thing.. maybe i will get into that one day.. i would consider the tsx a "baby" vip ;)

#5 ·
sounds good, I am looking for a TSX right now too, since i totalled my turbo rsx....I plan on tint lip kit and drop on coilovers. I still do have my 06 type s wheels im going to throw on. but im looking for red or PWP...sucks cause my dad already has a 6spd silver tsx. im looking for an AUTO. lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.